This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Enjoy our easy Mini Chocolate Tarts filled with Royal Delights White Chocolate Dessert Mix decorated with a Valentine’s Day theme!
On Valentine’s Day it doesn’t matter if you’re having a simple, quiet dinner at home or pulling out all the stops with a great big party, these simple tarts will Delight your friends and family. With easy, make ahead chocolate crusts, and super easy to whip-up White Chocolate Dessert Mix, everyone will thank you for these light and fluffy desserts. It doesn’t take a lot of effort to find simple ways to make Valentine’s Day extra special!
The bright, light and fluffy White Chocolate Dessert Mix is a wonderful canvas for your Valentine’s Day creativity. Of course I went with a pink and red theme using fresh fruit dipped in tinted white chocolate to tie it all together. I also used heart shaped cookie cutters to create white chocolate hearts, and since sprinkles are always fun and festive, I used them too!
Tips for dipping fruit and making hearts:
When dipping strawberries or other fruit, I like to put a wax paper covered sheet pan in the freezer before beginning. Once dipped, the strawberries are placed on the cold sheet pan which helps them set up much faster, especially on the bottom where they sometimes stay a little wet. I also put the heart shaped cookie cutters in the freezer on the same pan. Once the chocolate was melted, I drizzled it into the cookie cutter, then immediately topped them with sprinkles. Once the fruit was dipped and the chocolate hearts made, I put the sheet pan in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes. Each component of this dessert can be made ahead and assembled the morning of your special day! Easy entertaining is wonderful!
Royal Delights new, chef inspired, Chocolate French Silk and White Chocolate Dessert Mixes are a delicious and simple way to bring luxurious desserts to your own kitchen table. So feel free to pass on the dessert menu at Valentine’s Day dinner this year and surprise your honey at home with a Royal Delights Dessert Mix creation that is sure to leave them wanting more. All you need is cold milk and an electric mixer to whip up this dessert mix which can be used as a mousse or pie filling. One package of the Royal Delights Dessert Mix fits perfectly in these six mini-tart pans.
Head to the link above or as follows to find your nearest Walmart store where this product is available today!
Mini Chocolate Tarts
- ¼ cup Dutch process cocoa powder
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the cocoa, powdered sugar, flour, butter and egg yolk in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse and process until the mixture form a ball of dough.
- Divide the dough between six (4 ½-inch) tart pans with removable bottoms. Press the dough evenly into the pans using your fingers taking care to fill the indentations in the sides of the pans. Place the tarts on a rimmed cookie sheet. Using the tines of a fork, pierce the bottom of each crust a few times then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the crust is set. Cool completely before filling.
- If the crust bubbles up or is puffy after baking, gently press the crust with the back of a spoon.
- Store at room temperature until ready to fill. May be made a day ahead.
- One package of the Royal Delights White Chocolate Dessert Mix fits perfectly into these 6 pie shells. Mix according to package directions with 1 cup of milk.
We used these mini tart pans when making these desserts: Click on the photo for more information:
If you decide to purchase something at Amazon after following my affiliate link, I receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you, which I use to pay for web hosting and services for this blog. Thanks for supporting SRFD!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Thanks so much for stopping by!