This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
- 1 prebaked 9-inch deep dish pie crust
- 2 cups brewed strong coffee or espresso
- 10 large egg yolks
- 10 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pound mascarpone cheese
- ¼ cup Kahlua or more to taste
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 24 ladyfingers
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ⅛ cup confectioners' sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder
- a few coffee beans for garnish
- Bake a 9-inch deep dish pie crust and cool. Set aside.
- Brew 2 cups strong coffee or espresso and cool completely.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer with a whisk attachment on high speed, beat together the egg yolks and sugar until they are smooth, pale and thick. Add the mascarpone and mix for approximately 1 minute. Finally add the Kahlua and blend until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream mixture until blended.
- To assemble the pie, layer the bottom of the pie shell with one-third of the cream mixture. Quickly dip each of the ladyfingers into the coffee taking care not to saturate the cookies. Arrange 12 of the ladyfingers over the cream mixture. Spread another one-third of the cream mixture over the final ladyfinger layer, smoothing out the top of the pie. Refrigerate the pie for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve the pie, beat 1 cup heavy whipping cream, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until stiff. Using a pastry bag decorate the top of the pie. Sprinkle with cocoa powder and a few coffee beans. Tiramisu pie should be served cold.