This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Don’t forget your PIN!
No. 8 - Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs 12 sheets
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- For the filling:
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- For the Ganache:
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate finely chopped good quality
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter until well blended. Press the mixture into the sides and bottom of a nine-inch deep dish pie plate. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add the peanut butter and vanilla and mix well. Beat in the melted butter gradually.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold the cream into the peanut butter mixture using a spatula. Do not over beat. Pour into the prepared, cool crust and refrigerate for several hours until set.
- Place the chopped chocolate in a small bowl. Bring the cream to a boil in a saucepan. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and stir gently until melted and smooth. Cool slightly and spread evenly over the pie. Chill until served.
- Cut with a knife that has been heated under hot water and wiped dry between each slice.
RECIPE and photos updated 1/18/2016
Recommendations: After testing this recipe a couple of times, I believe (and taste testers agree) the chocolate layer is too thick. Next time I'll test using chocolate curls or a drizzle of chocolate and update the post again! It's still a deliciously rich pie - just a pain to cut with the slab of chocolate on top.