This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
- 3 cups uncooked oats
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup honey
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts, walnuts, pecans, almonds would also be great
- 1/2 cup mixed fruits like cranberries, cherries, golden raisins, raisins or any combination - chopped dates would be good too
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips, or semi-sweet or dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, flour, cinnamon, soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Continue to cook until the butter solids pool at the bottom of the pan and begin to brown. Swirl while cooking and watch the butter carefully to prevent burning. Once the butter solids are a nice nutty brown, remove from the heat and pour into a heat proof medium sized mixing bowl. Add the honey to the butter and mix until the honey is slightly melted and fully incorporated. Add the vanilla and egg. Blend the butter mixture into the flour and oat mixture. Add the nuts, fruit and chocolate chips.
- Place large spoonfuls (2 tablespoon small ice cream scoop) of dough on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for about 10 -12 minutes or until the cookies are set and the bottoms are lightly browned. Cool and enjoy. Store in an airtight container.
Check out these other delicious Breakfast cookie recipes:
Did you know National pie day is coming up next week, on January 23rd? If you’re looking for a recipe I just happen to have a few. Check the 52 Pies tab or the Recipe Index tab and see if you can find a favorite. You know I have a new one planned for this weekend and I’m going to have some help. Check out our new pie post on Monday. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Thanks so much for stopping by!