This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Peanut Butter Blossoms – A crisp chewy peanut butter cookie topped with a milk chocolate kiss – a family favorite for generations!
These Peanut Butter Blossom are absolutely scrumptious, and easy to make too. What’s not to love about peanut butter and chocolate?!
Trust me when I tell you this, never, ever make these Peanut Butter Blossoms when you’re hungry.
There’s something about that smell of warm peanut butter cookies and a soft, creamy, milk chocolate kiss that make these irresistible. I’m starting to drool just writing about them so I better get on with it!
Made with simple ingredients you probably have in your pantry!
The ingredients are simple, you’ll need salt, baking powder, flour, brown sugar, butter, shortening, peanut butter, vanilla and an egg. You’ll also need chocolate kisses too!
Be prepared by unwrapping most of the chocolate kisses ahead of time.
Thanks for PINNING!
Let’s be baking friends! When you try our recipe please leave a comment on this post. If you loved this recipe we’d appreciate a 5-star rating! Sharing your experience, variations and insights will help all our readers, and it helps me too. If you’re on Pinterest feel free to leave a comment and photo there if you have one. If you share on INSTAGRAM tag @savingroomfordessert so we can stop by and give your post some love. And we’d be very happy if you’d FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER and subscribe to our YOUTUBE channel for all the latest recipes, videos and updates. Thank you!!!
PRINT THE RECIPE!
Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- ⅓ cup solid shortening, such as Crisco
- ½ cup peanut butter, like Jiff or Peter Pan
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 12-ounce package milk chocolate kisses, most unwrapped (SEE NOTES BELOW)
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour salt and baking powder.
- In large bowl mixing bowl combine the butter, shortening and peanut butter and beat until smooth. Pour in the brown sugar and mix until smooth.
- Now add the egg and vanilla and blend until the yolk disappears. Gently add the flour mixture and blend on low until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and blend another 30 seconds.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in granulated sugar and place on the prepared cookie sheet at least 1-inch apart.
- Bake 9 to 12 minutes until light golden brown.
- Remove from oven; immediately top each cookie with a milk chocolate candy kiss, pressing down firmly so the cookie lightly cracks around edge.
- Allow the cookies to sit on the pan or parchment for 5 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Wait until the chocolate kisses have hardened before storing in an airtight container.
- I have not tested this recipe using all butter. Please let me know if you do and how it turns out - thanks!
- Depending on the size you roll your cookies, this recipe will make anywhere between 56 and 68 cookies. You may not need the entire package of milk chocolate kisses so to be safe, do not unwrap all the kisses at one time. A 12-ounce package of Hershey's Kisses holds approximately 65 kisses. I like more chocolate to the peanut butter so I make the cookies a little small. Each dough ball is about 1-inch in diameter before baking. I use a small cookie scoop almost full, but not rounded.