This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Pie No. 22 - Crème Brulee Pie
- One 9-inch pre-baked pastry shell cooled
- 1 cup Dulce de Leche
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 or less cup sugar for topping
- Whipped cream for garnish if desired
- Spread the Dulce de Leche in the bottom of the baked crust. Set aside.
- Mix cornstarch and the heavy cream in a heavy bottom saucepan. Blend until cornstarch is dissolved. Whisk in the sweetened condensed milk and egg yolks.
- Cook over medium heat until the mixture thickens and become bubbly. Remove from heat, add the butter and vanilla. Pour cream mixture into the prepared pie crust.
- Chill pie for at least 2 hours to set.
- Just before serving, top with granulated sugar and brown (brûlée) using a kitchen torch or under a broiler. If using the broiler, cover the crust with aluminum foil to prevent burning.
- Garnish with sweetened whipped cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.