We’re still on the Gulf Coast of Florida but have traveled north to Clearwater Beach while my husband attends a work related convention. I’m still on vacation and still enjoying fresh fish and tropical drinks with little umbrellas 🙂 I wish I was able to bring some of this wonderful Pina Colada Sorbet with me on vacation. This creamy frozen treat is easy to make, light and absolutely delicious!
The sorbet is a little bit healthier than most sweetened with pineapple and just a little sugar. The coconut taste is rich and prominent and the texture is great. A splash of spiced rum makes it perfect! If your pantry isn’t full of pumpkin yet, hang on to the last days of summer with this refreshing frozen treat.
Minutes in the blender and a few hours in the freezer – done and done! Top with toasted coconut and serve.
Coconut water, coconut milk and cream of coconut ensure the best coconut flavor. Combined with fresh pineapple and a splash of spiced rum - easy Pina Colada perfection!
- 4 cups diced fresh pineapple, about 1/2 a large pineapple
- 11 ounce container of unsweetened plain coconut water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup cream of coconut
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon spiced rum, optional
- Toasted coconut flakes for garnish
- Place the diced pineapple, sugar and coconut water in the carafe of a good blender. Process until smooth and the sugar is dissolved. Add the coconut milk, cream of coconut and rum. Blend again until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until very cold, about 4 hours.
- Process in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer instructions. Serve immediately as soft serve or freeze for 4 hours or more in an airtight container.
I used Vita Coco all-natural, unsweetened, plain Coconut Water, and Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
Substitute light coconut milk if desired
Cream of coconut can be found in the cocktail mixers section of your grocery store
Recipe adapted fromMy Recipes
Hurricane Erika has lost her punch and turned into a major rain event here in Florida. Hopefully it will blow out to sea soon so I can get on with my holiday! Have a wonderful week and thanks so much for stopping by.