This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Pistachio and Cherry Biscotti
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Zest of 1 orange
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 16 oz package dried cherries
- 1 cup unsalted roasted shelled pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer combine the flour, sugar, oats, baking powder, soda and salt. Mix with the paddle attachment until blended - about 30 seconds.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, oil, zests, vanilla and almond extract. Add the egg mixture to the flour and oats and mix until it forms a dough. Add the cherries and pistachios and mix until incorporated.
- Pour the dough out onto a lightly floured piece of wax paper. Divide the dough in half and roll each piece into a 16-inch long log. Place each log onto the prepared baking sheet, at least 5 inches apart. Flatten the dough until it is 2 inches wide. Bake until lightly browned and set, about 30 minutes. Carefully slide the parchment paper and cookie logs onto a rack to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Reduce the oven to 250°F. Transfer the biscotti to a cutting board. Cut each strip diagonally into ⅓" thick slices using a serrated knife. Arrange slices, cut side down, on the baking sheet.
- Bake the biscotti until crisp, about 40 minutes. Rotate the pan halfway through the cooking time. Transfer to a rack and allow the cookies to cool completely.