This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Roasted Carrots with Avocado and Vinaigrette
- 2 to 2 ½ pounds small carrots in assorted colors
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 large shallot minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 ounces Gorgonzola feta or goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 medium ripe avocado sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs like spicy basil or cilantro
- 2 tablespoons toasted pepitas or pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Place the carrots on a large rimmed baking sheet. Toss the carrots with the honey and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, cumin, pepper and red pepper. Bake 15-20 minutes or until tender, stirring halfway through cooking.
- While the carrots are roasting prepare the vinaigrette. Stir together the shallots, vinegar, salt and pepper to taste and the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Stir in the crumbled cheese. Set aside.
- Arrange the roasted carrots and avocado on a serving platter and drizzle with vinaigrette. Sprinkle with herbs and pepitas. Serve immediately.