This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Shaved Asparagus Salad
- zest of ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar, or champagne vinegar, or other white vinegar of your choice
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears, washed and tough ends removed
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil, good quality
- ½ cup grated Parmesan-Reggiano cheese
- Combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, vinegar, sat and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk the lemon juice mixture while drizzling in the olive oil. Set aside. Using a vegetable peeler, thinly slice the asparagus lengthwise into strips. Place the strips and tops in a large bowl. I found it easiest to lay the asparagus spears in the edge of the cutting board while shaving.
- Toss the asparagus with the vinaigrette and half the grated cheese. Check the salad and add more salt if needed. Adequate salt makes a big difference in the taste. Serve topped with the remaining cheese.
- (Inspired by a recipe on Chow.com)
My good friend Beth @ Life in the “Greenhouse” recently asked for more asparagus recipes so here you go Beth – we aim to please! Beth is a former radio ‘star’ and my favorite funny girl. Beth’s blog is about
Check out these other great ways to use asparagus in recipes:
Leave a Comment