This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
The Snickerdoodle Muffins are fun and easy to make, travel well and keep for days in an airtight container.
Don’t forget your PIN!
For the muffin batter:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (use all sour cream if desired 1 1/4 cup total)
- 2 1/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- dash salt
For coating the muffins:
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons turbinado sugar for garnish, if desired.
- In a high sided bowl combine the 3/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons cinnamon. Mix until blended. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a muffin pan and set aside. In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter and 1 cup of sugar until light and creamy. Add the vanilla and mix until blended. Add the eggs one at a time and blend well after each addition.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the flour, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and baking powder. Alternate adding the flour and sour cream/yogurt to the butter mixture beginning and ending with the flour.
- Use an ice cream scoop and scoop out a heaping mound of dough and drop it into the cinnamon sugar mixture. Gently roll the dough ball around until it is completely and generously covered with cinnamon and sugar. Place the dough into the greased muffin pan. Repeat until the muffin pan is full. Sprinkle turbinado sugar on top of each as desired. Bake at 350 degrees for 22-25 minutes until lightly browned and firm on top.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.