This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ¾ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar optional - if desired
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl beat together the butter, sugar and eggs until well mixed.
- In a separate medium bowl combine the flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt. Whisk until combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and beat until blended.
- Cover and place the dough in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Longer is better.
- When ready to bake the cookies preheat the oven to 350°F.
- While the oven is preheating, mix together the remaining 4 tablespoons sugar, 4 teaspoons cinnamon and turbinado sugar if using. Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and roll int the cinnamon sugar mixture until covered.
- Place the covered cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the pan immediately and cool completely on a wire rack. Do not allow the unbaked cookies to sit on the hot pan. When preparing the next batch of dough, set them aside and place them on the cookie sheet immediately before baking. This helps keep them from spreading too much.
- Adapted from a recipe by Juju Bee on Food.com
Leave a Comment