This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I feel blessed to have found food blogging and photography and enjoy it tremendously. It’s been a gift in many ways, and being inspired to try new dishes is one of those blessings. We don’t eat the same thing all the time, certainly not on a set schedule or rotation. I’m not poo-pooing schedules because I live by schedules. I work full-time, blog and bake and have been blessed with free-lance photography jobs here and there. I would be nothing without my schedules. Having free-rein to cook and bake whatever I want, and try any recipe or method that intrigues me, is pretty awesome. Meatless Mondays has been another one of those blessings. We are eating healthier and have tried some wonderful, new, easy dishes perfect for a weeknight meal.
I am a sucker for peanuts – so finding a recipe with peanut butter and peanuts made this a done deal. Add in a lot of green and pasta, and well, I’m a happy girl. Have you tried Soba noodles? Soba is the Japanese name for buckwheat noodles. They have a nice texture and are very hardy but any noodle will do in this dish. The recipe is super easy to put together and was actually terrific eaten cold the next day. Cook the Soba noodles and during the last five minutes, add the frozen edamame. Puree peanut butter, rice vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, honey, sesame oil, water and a little Sambal Oelek Chili Paste in a blender until smooth. Toss the pasta and Edamame with sliced snow peas, green onions, and peanuts. Drizzle or toss with the peanut butter mixture and serve garnished with peanuts. Done, done and done!
Meatless Monday is once again a success at our house! We tried another new (tweaked) recipe and are so happy we did! We both love a little spice so the heat from the garlic chili paste was perfect. Use your favorite hot sauce if you don’t have Sambal Oelek Chili Paste or skip it all together.
Soba Noodles with Edamame and Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 pound Soba noodles
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sambal Oelek Garlic Chili Paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped salted roasted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Cook the Soba noodles according to the package directions. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, add the edamame.
- Combine the peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, honey, sesame oil and 1/2 cup water in a blender and process until smooth.
- Drain the cooked pasta and edamame then toss with the snow peas and green onion.
- Drizzle with the peanut sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve sprinkled with peanuts and sesame seeds.
The guest bathroom renovation continues. The painting is done and the tile floor is going in. We’re getting close and I couldn’t be happier. You know how you start a project and 6 other things have to be done before you can complete the one you started with? Oh the joy of home projects! Happy Monday – I hope you have a wonderful week. Thanks so much for stopping by!