This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Spirited Eggnog Bread
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup eggnog
- ¼ cup bourbon
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup pecans rough chopped
- In a small bowl combine the raisins and bourbon. Set aside for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the eggs, sugar and butter. Beat until well blended. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the flour mixture alternately with the eggnog mixture, beating just until blended after each addition. Fold in the raisins, bourbon and pecans.
- Pour into a lightly greased 8x4 inch loaf pan. Bake at 350°F for 65-70 minutes checking after 50 minutes. Cover with foil if the bread begins to brown too quickly. Check by inserting a toothpick into the center of the loaf. If it comes out clean the bread is done.
- Cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes. Remove and cool on a rack and store in an airtight container.
The presents are wrapped, the turkey is in the refrigerator and the ham is on order. I’m looking forward to spending time with my children, their spouses, my grandson, and my wonderful husband. The horror in CT is weighing on all our minds this holiday season, and I continue to pray for all those touched by this unthinkable loss.
My daughter and I are going to try decorating cupcakes this weekend. You all know I’m not much of a cake artist so this should be fun! So happy to spend time in the kitchen with Allie. We are blessed, so very blessed.
Have a great week and thanks so much for stopping by!
Leave a Comment