This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
A wonderfully refreshing, lightly sweet, Strawberry Agua Fresca with Lime. The color is amazing, the flavor nearly perfect, and it’s made with all natural ingredients and no artificial flavors.
Last Saturday morning I headed out to a local farm (Miller Farms Market) to pick a few strawberries. I arrived at 8:00 a.m. sharp just as they were opening for the day and ended up picking more than 20 pounds of strawberries in less than an hour. I worked a small 20 foot section of a very long row near the end of a large field and had to make myself stop before I couldn’t carry any more. I really didn’t have a plan for this many strawberries … so guess what? In addition to this wonderful Strawberry Agua Fresca, we’re going to share several more recipes featuring these gorgeous berries so I hope you love them too!
These are true vine ripened fruits. I’ve never seen strawberries this red all the way through; some are almost maroon in color. One of the first recipes I made was this Strawberry Agua Fresca with Lime. This is a super easy recipe and the drink is seriously refreshing.
There are no artificial ingredients, no food color and very little sugar in this wonderfully refreshing drink. Agua Fresca is Spanish for “cool waters.” In Mexico the drink is often served heavy on the sugar. I wanted to ensure the strawberry and lime flavors didn’t get lost so I lightly sweetened the drink with a simple syrup.
The first time I saw Agua Fresca was in a beautiful post with Papaya and Lime on The View From Great Island. I was immediately smitten with the idea of fruited water. The colors and flavors can’t be beat in this special treat, and, it’s incredibly simple to make. All you need is a good blender and you’re almost there.
The lime adds a terrific layer of flavor without overpowering the strawberries.
Strawberry Agua Fresca is the color of punch flavored Kool-Aid but that’s where the similarities end. It’s fresh and clean, refreshing, addicting and mom (and Gram) approved!
Don’t forget to PIN for later!
Strawberry Agua Fresca
- 4 cups ripe fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 8 cups cold water
- lime slices for garnish
- To make the simple syrup, combine 1 cup water with 1 cup granulated sugar in a small saucepan. Heat over medium until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture starts to boil. Remove and cool slightly.
- Place the 4 cups of sliced strawberries in a mixing bowl with a lid or one that can be covered with plastic wrap. Combine 1/2 cup of the simple syrup with 1 cup of the cold water and pour over the strawberries. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 8.
- Pour the strawberries and all accumulated juice into a blender and process until smooth.
- Set a fine mesh strainer over a pitcher. Pour the strawberry mixture through the strainer to remove the seeds. Do this process twice if needed. Use a spoon to press the juice and pulp through the mesh as needed. Discard the seeds and pulp.
- Add 7 cups of cold water and the fresh lime juice to the strawberry mixture in the pitcher. Refrigerate until ready to serve or serve immediately over ice garnished with sliced lime.
We can’t get enough of these fresh fruity drinks like our Strawberry Agua Fresca. With so many wonderful recipes from super creative bloggers, we can’t wait to try this Piña Colada Agua Fresca from Tried and Tasty, and this gorgeous Papaya and Lime Agua Fresca from The View from Great Island. How about this creative recipe from Boulder Locavore ~ for Champagne Mango-Lime Agua Fresca? I’m getting thirsty just thinking about a refreshing Berry Ginger Agua Fresca ~ from Cookin Canuck!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a lovely weekend.