This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Wonderfully refreshing Strawberry Agua Fresca!
A wonderfully refreshing, lightly sweet summer drink
Strawberry Agua Fresca with Lime is nearly perfect in every way. The color is amazing, the flavor is terrific, and it’s made with all natural ingredients and no artificial flavors. As a result, this refreshing drink is so much better than store-bought bottled drinks.
Made with fresh picked strawberries
Last Saturday morning I headed out to a local farm to pick a few strawberries. I arrived at 8:00 a.m. sharp just as they were opening for the day and ended up picking more than 20 pounds of strawberries in less than an hour.
At the end of a large field I worked a small 20 foot section of a very long row and had to make myself stop before I had more than I could carry.
I really didn’t have a plan for this many strawberries … so guess what? In addition to this wonderful Strawberry Agua Fresca, we’re going to share several more recipes featuring these gorgeous berries so I hope you love them too!
These are true vine ripened fruits.
I’ve never seen strawberries this red all the way through; some are almost maroon in color. As a result, this Agua Fresca has a gorgeous red hue.
One of the first recipes I made was this Strawberry Agua Fresca with Lime. This is an easy recipe to make. The drink is low calorie and refreshing and perfect to serve at summer parties, picnics and showers!
There are no artificial ingredients, no food color and very little sugar in this wonderfully refreshing drink.
Agua Fresca is Spanish for “cool waters.” In Mexico the drink is often served heavy on the sugar. I wanted to ensure the strawberry and lime flavors didn’t get lost therefore I sweetened the drink lightly with simple syrup.
However, feel free to pass more simple syrup for those that prefer something a bit sweeter. Simply syrup mixes in beautifully as the sugar is already dissolved.
The first time I saw this refreshing treat was in a beautiful post for Papaya and Lime Agua Fresca.
I was immediately smitten with the idea of fruited water. This recipe is incredibly simple to make. And, the color and flavor can’t be beat! All you need is a good blender and you’re almost there.
The lime adds a terrific layer of flavor without overpowering the strawberries.
Although Strawberry Agua Fresca is the color of punch flavored Kool-Aid, that’s where the similarities end. It’s fresh and clean, refreshing, thirst quenching and mom (and Gram) approved!
Thanks for PINNING!
Let’s be cooking friends! When you try our recipe please leave a comment on this post. If you loved this recipe we’d appreciate a 5-star rating! Sharing your experience, variations and insights will help all our readers, and it helps me too.
Strawberry Agua Fresca
- 4 cups ripe fresh strawberries sliced
- ½ cup simple syrup
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- 8 cups cold water
- lime slices for garnish
- To make the simple syrup, combine 1 cup water with 1 cup granulated sugar in a small saucepan. Heat over medium until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture starts to boil. Remove and cool slightly.
- Place the 4 cups of sliced strawberries in a mixing bowl with a lid or one that can be covered with plastic wrap. Combine 1/2 cup of the simple syrup with 1 cup of the cold water and pour over the strawberries. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 8.
- Pour the strawberries and all accumulated juice into a blender and process until smooth.
- Set a fine mesh strainer over a pitcher. Pour the strawberry mixture through the strainer to remove the seeds. Do this process twice if needed. Use a spoon to press the juice and pulp through the mesh as needed. Discard the seeds and pulp.
- Add 7 cups of cold water and the fresh lime juice to the strawberry mixture in the pitcher. Refrigerate until ready to serve or serve immediately over ice garnished with sliced lime.
Finally, we can’t get enough of these fresh fruity drinks like our Strawberry Agua Fresca.
How about this creative recipe for Champagne Mango-Lime Agua Fresca?
And finally, I’m getting thirsty just thinking about a refreshing Berry Ginger Agua Fresca.