This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Watermelon Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette ~ you won’t believe how perfectly sweet summer watermelon combines with fresh mint, crisp red onions and creamy Feta cheese. With just a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette, you’ll be amazed at the delicious flavor that comes from just a few simple ingredients.
Uh, where in the world is summer going? Before you know it summer will be over and we’ll be craving soup, stew and all things pumpkin! But before we get that far, let’s take a step back and give this lovely summer salad a try. It may sound like an odd combination of ingredients, but it’s really something special!
If you love watermelon, this recipe is for you.
We eat our fair share during the summer months, and believe watermelon is not just a sweet, juicy end to a terrific BBQ. It makes a wonderful salad too!
And don’t forget, watermelon is really good for you too. It’s loaded with Vitamin A, B6 and C, and is a great source of potassium.
Watermelon Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/2 of a medium, seedless watermelon, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 of a small, red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh torn mint leaves
- 4 ounces crumbled Feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Divide the chopped watermelon, onion, mint leaves, and Feta cheese on 4 large salad plates.
- In a 1-cup measuring cup with a spout, whisk together the balsamic, olive oil, mustard, honey and garlic. Add the salt and pepper and taste to check the seasoning. Add additional honey if desired or more vinegar.
- Pass the dressing at the table and drizzle on the salads just before serving. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to PIN for later!
Since we’re talking about watermelon today, I thought I’d share some photos of our grandchildren. Our daughter Allie organized photos of the little ones for each of the major holidays this past year. We had photo shoots for Christmas, Halloween and Easter so we dressed them up for Independence Day too! Next year we may try St. Patrick’s Day and Valentine’s Day so stay tuned 🙂 Jayden (top left) is 15 months old and apparently loves watermelon, Isabelle just turned 1, and her brother Isaac is 5 years old (recently lost 2 teeth) and will start Kindergarten in the fall. Cousins!
Watermelon is wonderful eaten plain but can also be transformed in so many ways! I love this Watermelon Lemonade ~ from Spend with Pennies, and cannot wait to try these Costa Rican Watermelon Mojito Popsicles from Boulder Locavore. I’m amazed at this gorgeous Summer Melon Salad from The View from Great Island and with all this fresh fruit available right now, I have to make this Berry Watermelon Fruit Salad from Fork Knife Swoon! Yeah watermelon!
I hope you all had a lovely long weekend! Thanks so much for stopping by.