The rules are simple. Make a dozen cookies for each of your three matches and ship them before December 5th. The cookies need to be one that you (the blogger) has never posted before. After sending the cookies all you need to do is watch your mailbox for 3 dozen cookies to arrive on your doorstep. And last, prepare a blog post with the cookie recipe ready to go live on December 12th. How simple is that?
Thanks again to Lindsay and Julie for their dedication, vision and organization. I can’t wait to hear more about the success of this year’s Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap!
- For the dough:
- 1 cup Land O Lakes Butter, softened
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup seedless raspberry jam
- For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1½ teaspoons almond extract
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter, sugar and ½ teaspoon almond extract. Beat at medium speed until the butter mixture is creamy. Scrape sides of mixing bowl as needed. Reduce the speed to low and gradually add the flour. Mix until well blended. Cover and refrigerate the dough for 1 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on the prepared pan. Make an indentation in the center of each cookie with your smallest finger (or thumb if you want a larger pocket). The edges of the dough may crack slightly. Fill each with a heaping ¼ teaspoon jam.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let the cookies stand 1 minute before removing to a cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Combine the glaze ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Drizzle over cookies and allow them to set.
(adapted from a Land O Lakes Recipe)
The best part of this cookie swap? We raised money for a wonderful charity, I’ve made new friends, was inspired to make some very tasty cookies and got to sample delicious cookies from all over the United States. Be sure to get on the list for the 2013 cookie swap and/or make a donation for Cookies for Kids’ Cancer at fbcookieswap. Happy baking!
Thanks so much for stopping by!