This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
If you’re like me you probably love to bake and make candy for your family and friends during the holidays. Along with decorating, shopping, wrapping and all the other festivities, it leaves little time to bake that extra something for a work event or church gathering. So if you don’t have time to bake pans of cookies or cake, this recipe is for you. Actually it’s for anybody that loves coconut and apricots or if you want a quick something-sweet without turning on the oven. Three ingredients and a little powdered sugar and you are ready to roll!
I’ve had this recipe for more than 20 years and wasn’t sure where it came from until I started doing a little research. Eagle Brand Milk has a very similar recipe posted on their website so I bet it was printed inside the label back in the day. I tweaked it just a tad and rolled half the Apricot Coconut Balls in extra coconut and the remaining balls in powdered sugar. Both are great and I found it interested that the powdered sugar doesn’t change the taste in the slightest.
Don’t forget your PIN!
Apricot Coconut Balls
- 2 cups dried apricots
- 2 cups moist shredded coconut
- ⅔ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup coconut or 1 cup powdered sugar
- Put the apricots and coconut in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse a few times until the apricots are chopped fine. Add the sweetened condensed milk and processed until combined.
- Scoop scant 1 tablespoon (I used a small cookie scoop) and roll the mixture into a ball. Roll in shredded coconut or confectioners' sugar.
- Store in the refrigerator
- Adapted from a recipe by Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Leftover sweetened condensed milk is great in a hot cup of coffee or tea!
Do you believe there is a special female “gene” for shopping? If there is … I didn’t get it. It must have skipped my generation. My mother was a wonderful shopper and she not only enjoyed it, she was very good at it. If shopping was an Olympic event, she would have won a gold medal! My daughter loves to shop too – me? Not so much! I guess I’ll be on-line clicking away with my credit card, paying extra for express shipping or heading out to the mall with the “last minute dudes!!!!” I seem to be in a time warp where the minutes are going by two at a time with Christmas and New Years steamrolling ahead with or without me. Knowing how precious time is during this busy season, I appreciate your visit all that much more! Thanks so much for stopping by!