This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Blackberry Frozen Yogurt – a healthy way to enjoy a frozen dessert, sweetened with blackberries and honey
Juicy, plump, summer blackberries are the star of this delicious dessert!
You won’t believe how much flavor is in a scoop of this healthy ‘nice-cream’. With just 4 ingredients, the blackberries really shine. Be sure you use good quality ingredients as they will make all the difference in this recipe. Juicy berries, flavorful honey and smooth creamy yogurt are a must! However, feel free to substitute blueberries, raspberries or even strawberries if you prefer, but this gorgeous blackberry color is part of the fun!
Blackberries are a good source of Vitamin E, C, K and dietary fiber, plain Greek yogurt is packed with protein, and honey is a great all-natural sweetener.
Thanks for PINNING!
Let’s be cooking friends! If you try our recipe please leave a comment, and photo if you have one, on Pinterest. If you share on INSTAGRAM use the hashtag #savingroomfordessert so we can stop by and give your post some love. And we’d be so happy if you would FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER and subscribe to our YOUTUBE channel for all the latest recipes, videos and updates.
PRINT THE RECIPE!
Blackberry Frozen Yogurt
- 32 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 12 ounces fresh blackberries rinsed
- 1 cup honey more or less to taste
- a drop or two of pure vanilla extract if desired
- Place the blackberries in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth. Strain the blackberries through a fine mesh sieve set over a large mixing bowl. Using the back of a spoon, press the mixture against the sieve to extract all the juice. Discard the seeds and any pulp.
- Add the yogurt to the blackberry juice and stir to combine. Add about 3/4 cup of honey and taste for sweetness. You may need more honey depending on how sweet the blackberries are. I used just under 1 cup. Add vanilla if desired and blend until smooth.
- Process in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer instructions. Serve immediately if you prefer a soft serve consistency or freeze until firm. If frozen remove from the freezer about 15 minutes before serving.
- Recipe adapted from Southern Living Magazine
Here are a few more blackberry recipes you might enjoy:
Blackberry Tarts ~ juicy, ripe blackberries nestled in a buttery, flaky crust for an iconic, all American summer dessert.
Blackberry & Brie Mini Pizzas – soft yeasty dough is topped with caramelized onions, gooey brie cheese, fresh blackberries and walnuts. The mini-pizzas are baked until golden brown and crispy around the edges, then finished with fresh ground black pepper, arugula and a drizzle of good quality balsamic vinegar.
Lemon Ice Cream with a Blackberry Swirl – bright, tart lemon ice cream with a sweet blackberry swirl – this is a pretty terrific bowl of deliciousness!
We love summer fruits and are also thrilled with this Black Raspberry Cobbler recipe which can be made with any fruits. All great recipes and hope you’ll give them a try! That just goes to show that blackberries are perfect in just about anything – so let’s not forget this Blackberry Mojito ~ from Lemons for Lulu and these gorgeous Blackberry Limeade Cupcakes ~ from Grandbaby Cakes!
Leave a Comment