This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Bourbon Balls ~ an easy no-bake cookie that’s been a family favorite for generations. Grab a bottle of your favorite bourbon or rum and mix up these delicious grownup holiday treats.
These cookies are actually better the next day after the bourbon has had time to blend with the other ingredients.
Thanks for PINNING!
Let’s be baking friends! When you try our recipe please leave a comment on this post. If you loved this recipe we’d appreciate a 5-star rating! Sharing your experience, variations and insights will help all our readers, and it helps me too. If you’re on Pinterest feel free to leave a comment and photo there if you have one. If you share on INSTAGRAM tag @savingroomfordessert so we can stop by and give your post some love. And we’d be very happy if you’d FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER and subscribe to our YOUTUBE channel for all the latest recipes, videos and updates. Thank you!!!
PRINT THE RECIPE!
- 3 cups vanilla wafers, crushed (11oz box)
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1 cup powdered sugar, plus 2 cups for rolling
- 1 ½ tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup, or Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- ½ cup bourbon or rum
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the crushed vanilla wafers, ground pecans, 1 cup of the powdered sugar and the cocoa powder. Whisk to combine.
- In a 1-cup measuring cup, whisk together the corn syrup and bourbon. Add the bourbon mixture to the dry ingredients and fold together using a spatula until all ingredients are combined. It may seem dry at first, but keep mixing, it will all come together.
- Place 1 to 2 cups of powdered sugar in a flat bowl or rimmed plate. Roll the dough (firmly) into 1-inch balls (or use a small cookie scoop), then immediately roll in the powdered sugar. Place the cookies on a wax paper lined baking sheet. Continue rolling until all cookies are coated in powdered sugar. Set the cookies aside for 1 hour, then roll again in the powdered sugar. Store the bourbon balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Notes: Be sure to use ground pecans, not chopped.
Here are a few of our favorite kitchen tools used when making these Bourbon Balls – each photo is clickable for more information:
If you decide to purchase something at Amazon after following my affiliate link, I receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you, which I use to pay for web hosting and services for this blog.
We have a few recipes featuring bourbon so if you’re looking for more, check out our easy Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars with Bourbon & Sea Salt, and this creamy, smooth Butterscotch-Bourbon Pudding. If you’re crazy for nuts, you’re going to love this Bourbon & Butterscotch Nut Tart – so delicious! I really want to whip up a batch of these Bourbon Salted Caramel Candy from A Spicy Perspective. And, last but certainly not least, head over to The View from Great Island and drool over her beautiful Black Bottom Bourbon Pecan Pie, wow!
Happy shopping and baking my friends! Thanks so much for stopping by.