This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Bourbon Balls ~ an easy no-bake cookie that’s been a family favorite for generations. Grab a bottle of your favorite bourbon or rum and mix up these delicious grownup holiday treats.
Originally posted December 11, 2010, updated December 2017
These cookies are actually better the next day after the bourbon has had time to blend with the other ingredients.
Thanks for PINNING!
- 3 cups vanilla wafers, crushed (11oz box)
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1 cup powdered sugar, plus 2 cups for rolling
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup, or Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- 1/2 cup bourbon or rum
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the crushed vanilla wafers, ground pecans, 1 cup of the powdered sugar and the cocoa powder. Whisk to combine.
- In a 1-cup measuring cup, whisk together the corn syrup and bourbon. Add the bourbon mixture to the dry ingredients and fold together using a spatula until all ingredients are combined. It may seem dry at first, but keep mixing, it will all come together.
- Place 1 to 2 cups of powdered sugar in a flat bowl or rimmed plate. Roll the dough (firmly) into 1-inch balls (or use a small cookie scoop), then immediately roll in the powdered sugar. Place the cookies on a wax paper lined baking sheet. Continue rolling until all cookies are coated in powdered sugar. Set the cookies aside for 1 hour, then roll again in the powdered sugar. Store the bourbon balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Notes: Be sure to use ground pecans, not chopped.
Makes 50 cookies
Here are a few of our favorite kitchen tools used when making these Bourbon Balls – each photo is clickable for more information:
If you decide to purchase something at Amazon after following my affiliate link, I receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you, which I use to pay for web hosting and services for this blog.
We have a few recipes featuring bourbon so if you’re looking for more, check out our easy Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars with Bourbon & Sea Salt, and this creamy, smooth Butterscotch-Bourbon Pudding. If you’re crazy for nuts, you’re going to love this Bourbon & Butterscotch Nut Tart – so delicious! I really want to whip up a batch of these Bourbon Salted Caramel Candy from A Spicy Perspective. And, last but certainly not least, head over to The View from Great Island and drool over her beautiful Black Bottom Bourbon Pecan Pie, wow!
Happy shopping and baking my friends! Thanks so much for stopping by.