This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Thank you Cacique® for sponsoring this post. Visit your local grocery store to pick up your fave Cacique® product for a delicious dinner tonight!
Cheesy Grilled Taco Burgers – all the authentic Mexican flavors you love, in one tasty burger!
Whether you’re celebrating Fourth of July or the World Cup, these tasty, cheesy grilled taco burgers will be perfect for any festive occasion. This is not your same old burger my friends; it’s cheesy and juicy with plenty of flavor without being salty or too intense. From the fresh toppings to the fantastic melted Cacique® Manchego Cheese, your taco loving family will enjoy the authentic and surprisingly delicious change from the same old everyday burger. And they’re super easy to make too!
Create and share quick Mexican recipes that make it easy to savor the tastes and flavors of Mexican food without spending a long time in the kitchen.
I have two important words to describe this delicious authentic Cacique® Manchego Cheese … “spectacular melt.” Boy, does it melt beautifully! Manchego is the perfect topping for burgers or as a filling in a quesadilla. It’s a semisoft cheese great for melting, or cubed or sliced as an accompaniment with fruit or crackers. It has a nutty, earthy flavor and thick, creamy texture. The aroma is similar to a sharp cheddar and the tangy taste of a Colby. Cheese heaven!
Mixed right into our Cheesy Grilled Taco Burgers is another delicious Cacique® cheese. Cotija is a robust, strong-flavored aged cheese, with a dry, salty and notorious granular texture. It’s similar in flavor to parmesan or feta and enhances all your favorite authentic Mexican dishes. Add Cotija by crumbling or grating over pinto beans, tacos, or even soups; anywhere you’d like to add a bit of saltiness and tang in flavor. Unlike the thick, melted Manchego, Cotija is not a melting cheese so it won’t ooze out of the burgers as they cook.
These burgers are cheesy, juicy and flavorful on the inside with the superior melt of the Manchego on top.
To seal the deal we’ve served our burgers on buttered, toasted buns with smashed avocado and heaping spoonfuls of fresh pico de gallo. Add a few chips to your plate to scoop up any extras that might escape the bun!
You’re going to love this unique burger and the wonderful cheeses that make it irresistible. Cacique® is the #1 Brand of Hispanic Cheeses, Chorizos, and Cremas. For over 40 years Cacique® has remained a family-owned company dedicated to producing the highest-quality authentic products.
Thanks for PINNING!
Let’s be grilling friends! If you try our recipe, please leave a comment, and photo if you have one, on Pinterest. If you share on INSTAGRAM use the hashtag #savingroomfordessert so we can stop by and give your post some love. And we’d be so happy if you would FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER for all the latest recipes and updates.
Cheesy Grilled Taco Burgers
For the pico de gallo:
- ½ cup diced sweet onion
- 1 cup chopped ripe tomatoes
- 1 cup loose cilantro leaves
- 1 small jalapeño minced (seeds and white membrane removed)
- juice of ½ lime
- salt to taste
For the burgers:
- 1 pound ground beef 80% lean
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium taco seasoning store-bought or homemade
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/4 cup Cacique® Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 4 thick slices Cacique® Manchego Cheese
- 4 buttered and toasted buns
- 1 avocado peeled, pit removed and flesh mashed with juice of 1 lime
- Pico de Gallo
- Lettuce leaves
To make the pico:
- Rough chop the cilantro leaves and combine with all pico de gallo ingredients in a small bowl. Lightly cover and set aside until served.
To make the burgers:
- In a large mixing bowl combine the ground beef, taco seasoning, hot sauce and the crumbled Cacique® Cotija cheese until combined. Try not to over-work the ground beef. Form into 3 or 4 patties about 4 ½ to 5-inches in diameter. Using your thumb, press in the center of each burger to make a semi-deep indentation. As the burgers cook this indentation will rise and help ensure the burgers are cooked evenly (not raw in the middle). Set aside at room temperature while preparing the gas grill.
- Preheat the grill to 400°F-450°F. Reduce the heat to medium and cook the burgers on both sides until done through, 155°F to 160°F on an instant read thermometer. Move burgers to the cooler side of the grill and top each with a slice of Cacique® Manchego Cheese. Close the lid and cook until the cheese is slightly melted.
- Serve the burgers on a toasted bun with lettuce, smashed avocado and fresh pico de gallo.
- For homemade taco seasoning, combine 2 teaspoons paprika, 2 teaspoons chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
For another Mexican inspired recipe, don’t miss our Smoky Chicken Tinga Tacos topped with this flavorful Cotija cheese. It never hurts to have a big bowl of Easy Spicy Guacamole on the table as well; another must try recipe from our family kitchen!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Leave a Comment