This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Fresh Fruit Tarts with Lemon Curd – A light fresh fruit tart with a simple shortbread crust filled with a mixture of cream cheese and lemon curd. Simple to make and easily adaptable to your favorite fruits.
I see so many gorgeous desserts out there every single day. I want to make them all .. you know the ones dripping with chocolate and caramel, stacked 4 layers high, garnished with peanut butter cups, candied nuts and whipped cream. If I could be a pastry chef that’s what I would make all day, everyday. But my time (and calories) are limited so when it comes to making something we can enjoy I always seem to go to the fresh fruit desserts whether it be a pie, or crepe, or tart! We still had a little left over lemon curd and I started wondering what it would be like blended with cream cheese. Bingo – Fresh Fruit Tarts with lemon curd cream cheese!
The filling is more tart than sweet so I thought a ‘sweeter’ crust may balance out the tartness of the lemon curd. This super simple shortbread crust came together in less than a minute. Add butter, confectioners’ sugar and flour in a food processor and pulse until it forms a dough. Press it into the tart shells and bake for 12 minutes. No rolling required!
Cool the baked tart shells completely then fill with the lemon curd mixture. Refrigerate the filled tarts before adding the fruit or serve immediately topped with your favorite fresh fruit and a dusting of confectioners’ sugar if desired. The simplicity makes them perfectly delicious!
Homemade Lemon Curd is very easy to make and keeps in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. It is a great topping on biscuits, scones, or a spoon.
The crust can be made ahead and kept in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
And if you’re still not convinced, these tarts are completely calorie free! Not really – just kidding! I bet I had you for a minute! But the recipe is easily doubled or tripled if you’re having a few extra for dinner, or just need an extra dessert – not judging!
Thanks for PINNING!
Fresh Fruit Tarts
For the crust:
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperture
For the filling:
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup lemon curd (see NOTES for recipe link)
For the topping:
- Assorted sliced fruits and berries kiwi, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries
- Powdered sugar for garnish if desired
For the shortbread crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the flour, butter and ¼ cup of confectioners' sugar in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse and process until the mixture forms a ball of dough.
- Divide the dough between three 4 ½ inch tart pans with removable bottoms. Press the dough evenly into the pans using your fingers taking care to fill the indentations in the sides of the pans. Place the tart pans on a cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes or until the crust is set and lightly browned. Cool completely before filling.
For the filling:
- Beat the cream cheese in a small bowl until smooth and creamy. Add two tablespoons of the lemon curd and beat until blended. Add the remaining lemon curd and blend with a spatula until incorporated. Divide between the cooled tarts and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Top with your favorite fruits and garnish with a dusting of confectioners sugar if desired.
- Make your own easy homemade Lemon Curd - click HERE to get the recipe.
- Shortbread crust recipe adapted from Paula Dean / Food Network
Make your own easy Lemon Curd using our recipe! Click HERE to get the recipe.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Leave a Comment