Lemon Curd is great on biscuits, pancakes, pound cake, angel food cake, muffins, or just about anything!
Lemon Curd tastes like a crustless spreadable pie filling!
PIN to your favorite lemon or dessert board!
Let’s be cooking friends! If you try our recipe, please leave a comment, and photo if you have one, on Pinterest. If you share on INSTAGRAM use the hashtag #savingroomfordessert so we can stop by and give your post some love. And we’d be so happy if you would FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER for all the latest recipes and updates.
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- dash of salt
- 3/4 cup lemon juice, about 4 large lemons
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- zest of 2 lemons
- Zest two lemons and set aside. Juice 4 lemons or enough to make 3/4 cup juice. Strain pulp and seeds before measuring.
- In a medium heavy bottom saucepan whisk together the eggs, sugar, salt and lemon juice until blended. Add butter and lemon zest. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until the curd is thickened and coats the back of the spoon.
- For a silky smooth texture, blend briefly with an immersion or stick blender.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes then cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve over cake, muffins, pancakes or waffles!
Recipe and photos updated July 2016