This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Lemon Curd is great on biscuits, pancakes, pound cake, angel food cake, muffins, or just about anything!
Lemon Curd tastes like a crustless spreadable pie filling!
PIN to your favorite lemon or dessert board!
Let’s be cooking friends! If you try our recipe, please leave a comment, and photo if you have one, on Pinterest. If you share on INSTAGRAM use the hashtag #savingroomfordessert so we can stop by and give your post some love. And we’d be so happy if you would FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER for all the latest recipes and updates.
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- dash of salt
- 3/4 cup lemon juice, about 4 large lemons
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- zest of 2 lemons
- Zest two lemons and set aside. Juice 4 lemons or enough to make 3/4 cup juice. Strain pulp and seeds before measuring.
- In a medium heavy bottom saucepan whisk together the eggs, sugar, salt and lemon juice until blended. Add butter and lemon zest. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until the curd is thickened and coats the back of the spoon.
- For a silky smooth texture, blend briefly with an immersion or stick blender.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes then cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve over cake, muffins, pancakes or waffles!
Recipe and photos updated July 2016