This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Lemon Curd is great on biscuits, pancakes, pound cake, angel food cake, muffins, or just about anything!
If you’re been with us for a while, you probably know I have a small lemon obsession.
This is an easy lemon curd recipe that comes together in minutes.
Take care when zesting your lemons:
What if your lemons are not very juicy?
Lemon Curd tastes like a crustless spreadable pie filling!
Since originally posting this luscious Lemon Curd way back in 2011, it’s become a staple in our house. It comes out perfect every time. Give it a try and you’ll be hooked too!
Thanks for PINNING!
Let’s be cooking friends! When you try our recipe please leave a comment on this post. If you loved this recipe we’d appreciate a 5-star rating! Sharing your experience, variations and insights will help all our readers, and it helps me too. If you’re on Pinterest feel free to leave a comment and photo there if you have one. If you share on INSTAGRAM tag @savingroomfordessert so we can stop by and give your post some love. And we’d be very happy if you’d FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER and subscribe to our YOUTUBE channel for all the latest recipes, videos and updates. Thank you!!!
PRINT THE RECIPE!
Homemade Lemon Curd
- 2 whole eggs, and 1 egg yolk lightly whisked
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- dash of salt
- ¾ cup lemon juice (about 4 large lemons)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, cubed
- zest of 2 lemons
- Zest two lemons and set aside. Juice 4 lemons or enough to make ¾ cup juice. Strain pulp and seeds before measuring.
- In a medium heavy bottom saucepan whisk together the eggs, egg yolk, sugar, salt and lemon juice until blended. Add butter and lemon zest. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until the curd is thickened and coats the back of the spoon.
- For a silky smooth texture, blend briefly with an immersion or stick blender.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes then cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve over cake, muffins, pancakes or waffles!