This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Tangy Lemon Blondies – a cross between a light moist cake, and a sweet tangy lemon bar. Super easy to make and even easier to eat!
Thanks for PINNING!
We’d love to connect with you on social media. If you try our recipe, please use the hashtag #savingroomfordessert on INSTAGRAM so we can come give your post some love! And be sure to FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER for all the latest recipes and updates.
For the Blondies:
- ¾ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Zest of 1 lemon preferably organic
- Juice of 1 lemon about 3 tablespoons
For the Lemon Glaze:
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar sifted (more or less for desired consistency)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of ½ a lemon preferably organic
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly coat an 8 by 8-inch baking pan with vegetable spray. Cut a length of parchment paper to fit the pan allowing the paper to come up to the top on two opposite sides. Trim the excess above the edge of the pan. Cut another sheet to fix in the opposite direction also trimming at the top of the pan. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt together in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium medium bowl combine the butter and granulated sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time mixing well after each additional until incorporated. Blend in the vanilla and mix another 30 seconds, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl with a spatula. Add the lemon juice zest and blend just until combined. Using the rubber spatula, fold in the dry ingredients until blended. Do not over-mix.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan and bake for 22-24 minutes. The edges will just start to brown and a toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean. Remove from the oven and cool completely in the pan.
- Lift the cooled Blondies out of the pan using the parchment paper and transfer to a cutting board. Whisk together the glaze ingredients until smooth. Pour over the Blondies and spread until the top is covered. Slice and serve.
- For a thicker icing instead of a glaze, start with 1 cup powdered sugar, adding more to achieve the desired consistency.
- Store the blondies in an airtight container in a cool location