This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chewy and loaded with salty peanuts and peanut butter chips – Peanut Butter Blondies are a simple and delicious treat for the peanut butter lover in your house!
Well these didn’t stick around our house for long. One of my chief culinary consultants (you know who you are) had his way with this pan of blondies! Yes I helped and I was happy to do it! If you like peanuts and peanut butter (like we do), then you’ll be thrilled with these delicious Peanut Butter Blondies. They’re super easy to make, have a lovely chewy texture and a wonderfully salty crunch from the peanuts. These were so good I didn’t even have to enlist help from our assistant consultants. This is what happens when you have left over Christmas ingredients … I mean who can stand a bag of peanut butter chips just laying around the pantry? Inspiration from leftovers – works for me!
We made a batch of peanut brittle for Christmas and about 40 pounds of my Peanut Butter Fudge so we had salted Spanish peanuts and PB chips just waiting for their forever home.
Blondies are arguably the perfect dessert. They’re a little bit cookie, slightly cake-like, not crazy sweet, have a great chewy texture and can be adorned with ice cream, caramel, chocolate drizzles or a sprinkling of sea salt … just because!
Peanut Butter Blondies
- ½ cup salted & roasted Spanish peanuts, rough chopped (any peanut will do)
- ¾ cup unbleached all-purpose flour (plus 1 tablespoon)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, browned and cooled
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small light colored pan on medium heat, melt the butter stirring occasionally. Cook the butter until it begins to have a nutty smell and turns an amber color. Do not overcook as it will burn easily. Remove the browned butter to a glass bowl or cup. Stir in the 2 tablespoons peanut butter and set aside to cool.
- Cut a length of parchment paper to fit a 8x8 baking dish allowing the paper to come up to the top of the pan on both sides. Cut another sheet to fit in the opposite direction also trimming at the top of the pan. Spray the parchment paper lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk ¾ cup flour, baking powder and salt together in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In another medium mixing bowl combine the browned butter and brown sugar until blended. Add the egg and vanilla and mix well. Fold the dry ingredients into the butter mixture just until combined. Do not over-mix.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of flour to the peanut butter chips and toss until the chips are somewhat covered. Add the peanut butter chips (with flour) and the peanuts to the batter. Fold in gently. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan. Sprinkle a few more peanut butter chips on top if desired.
- Bake until the top is shiny, cracked and light golden brown, 22-24 minutes. Do not over-bake. Blondies should be chewy, not crunchy.
- Cool the Blondies in the pan then lift out using the parchment paper. Transfer to a cutting board and slice into bite sized squares. Enjoy!
Are you a blondie fan (of the cookie not the rock-star?) There are so many ways to adapt blondies to any combination that suits your taste.
One of my favorite bar recipes are these Brown Butter & Bourbon Blondies.
They are still one of the most popular recipes on the blog. If you’re still doing the New Year’s detox, diet or otherwise cutting back, I apologize for the temptation! But thanks so much for stopping by!