This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Enjoy these deliciously easy Peanut Butter Cookies filled with extra-crunchy peanut butter and roasted, salted peanuts for terrific texture and added peanut crunch!
Aside from Chocolate Chip Cookies, is there anything more classic than a great peanut butter cookie? I don’t think so! These cookies are always devoured in a flash so if you want them to last, you’ll have to hide a few. Our easy recipe makes the most of peanut flavor by adding chopped roasted peanuts and extra-crunchy peanut butter. These updates to the classic cookie recipe imparts a great crunchy texture and fun rustic appearance.
Pour a big glass of milk and enjoy a few of these fresh baked easy Peanut Butter Cookies.
If you’ve tried a few peanut butter cookie recipes over the years and find some way too sweet, this recipe is for you. It’s a perfectly balanced, easy peanut butter cookie recipe with the right blend of brown and granulated sugars, a slightly salty bite and a very peanutty taste.
For the chocolate-peanut butter combo lover, take a dip!
If you love the flavors of chocolate and peanut butter, this is a no brainer. For an extra special treat dip a few cookies in melted semisweet chocolate. Then to add a little more peanut flavor and great visual appeal, sprinkle on a few chopped peanuts before the chocolate dries. What a fantastic treat!
These cookies are deliciously crunchy and loaded with peanuts.
Despite their craggy appearance these easy peanut butter cookies are soft in the middle and crispy around the edges, just the way we LOVE them! The plain cookies store well at room temperature for up to a week, if they last that long 🙂 The chocolate dipped peanut butter cookies are best eaten within a day or two of dipping and stored in a cool location. Enjoy!
THANKS FOR PINNING!
Let’s be baking friends! If you make our recipe please feel free to leave a comment on this post. I’m sure your experience and insights will help all our readers, and it helps me too. Also, if you’re on Pinterest feel free to leave a comment and photo there if you have one! If you share on INSTAGRAM tag @savingroomfordessert so we can stop by and give your post some love. And we’d be very happy if you’d FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER and subscribe to our YOUTUBE channel for all the latest recipes, videos and updates. Thank you!!
PRINT THE RECIPE!
Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
For the cookie dough:
- 2/3 cup roasted salted peanuts, ground
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup extra-crunchy peanut butter (I use Jif)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, room temperature
For the chocolate coating (optional):
- 1 cup chocolate chips, semisweet or bittersweet are best
- 1/2 cup chopped, salted, roasted peanuts for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, grind the peanuts until they resemble bread crumbs, about 16 long pulses. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl sift together the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula, beat again to combine. Add the peanut butter and beat to combine. Add the vanilla and egg. Beat just until combined.
- Using a wooden spoon, gently fold in the flour mixture just until incorporated. Add the peanuts and stir to combine.
- Roll about 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough into a 1 1/2-inch ball. Place them 2-inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Press each dough ball with the back of a dinner fork dipped in cold water to make a crisscross design. Bake until the cookies are puffed and lightly browned around the edges but not on top, about 8-10 minutes. Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt chocolate chips, dip cookies, sprinkle with peanuts.
- Store cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Here are a few more peanut and chocolate flavored recipes you might enjoy:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Revel Bars ~ delicious cookie bars loaded with oats and peanut butter mixed together into a tasty crust, layered with silky smooth fudgy chocolate, then topped with more crumbled crust. They are easy to make, travel well and taste delicious! Great for big gatherings, lunches or afternoon snacks … or just because. Click HERE to get the recipe.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Meltaway Cookies – for the chocolate and peanut butter lover in your life! These light little bite-sized cookies are not too sweet and get a nice salty bite from the crushed roasted peanuts. Click HERE to get the recipe.
The BEST Peanut Butter Blossoms – A crisp, chewy peanut butter cookie topped with a milk chocolate kiss – a family favorite for generations! Click HERE to get the recipe.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Tricia