This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Our favorite Chocolate Peanut Butter Revel Bars!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Revel Bars
Delicious cookie bars loaded with oats and peanut butter mixed together into a tasty crust, layered with silky smooth fudgy chocolate, then topped with more crumbled crust. Revel Bars are easy to make, travel well and taste delicious! Great for big gatherings, back to school lunches or snacks … or just because.
Do you remember Revel Bars from long, long ago?
Cream together the butter, sugar and eggs.
Mix together the dry ingredients and add to the creamed butter mixture.
The chocolate filling is simple to make with just four ingredients.
Can you freeze Revel bars?
Can Revel bars be made ahead?
Revel Bars disappear quickly.
Thanks for PINNING!
Let’s be baking friends! If you make our recipe please feel free to leave a comment on this post. I’m sure your experience and insights will help all our readers, and it helps me too. If you’re on Pinterest feel free to leave a comment and photo there if you have one!
If you share on INSTAGRAM tag @savingroomfordessert so we can stop by and give your post some love. FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER and subscribe to our YOUTUBE channel for all the latest recipes, videos and updates.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Revel Bars
For the Crust:
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter (not natural)
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature (8 ounces or 226g)
- 2 cups light brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the Chocolate Layer:
- 1 (10oz. package) bittersweet chocolate chips about 1 ½ cups (I used Ghirardelli 60% cacao or semi-sweet is fine too)
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Set aside a 15x10x1-inch pan (un-greased).
- In a large mixing bowl beat together 1 cup of butter and 1 cup peanut butter until creamy – about 30 seconds. Add the brown sugar and beat on medium speed until blended. Mix in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add 2 teaspoons vanilla and mix until blended.
- In a medium bowl combine the oats, flour, baking soda and salt. Add the flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture and blend on low until all the dry ingredients are incorporated. Scrape the sides and blend one more time until a crumbly dough forms. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine the chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and butter. Heat on medium low just until the chocolate is melted, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat and stir in 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla.
- Press ¾ of the crumb mixture into the bottom of a 15x10x1 inch uncreased baking pan. Spread the warm chocolate mixture on top. Crumble the remaining oat mixture on top in clumps leaving some chocolate layer peeking through. Press down gently to make the top a little more even. Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until the top is very lightly browned. Cool and cut into bars. Store in an airtight container.
Finally, we love a good peanut butter dessert and if you do too, you may want to try these super easy Peanut Butter Blondies and our Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies too. We’re also crazy about this Peanut Butter Fudge Ripple Ice Cream – so delicious!
I’m drooling over this Peanut Butter Lasagna and these super popular Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies. And, if you still can’t decide, check out this post with Over 50 Insanely Delicious Chocolate & Peanut Butter Recipes!