This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Granny’s Pound Cake – Tender and never dry, with a buttery taste and incredible texture. This Pound Cake is delicious toasted or served with juicy fresh fruit, ice cream or as a layer in a trifle. This cake also freezes beautifully.
This easy pound cake is make with just a few pantry ingredients:
Can you freeze this pound cake?
Tips for serving Granny’s pound cake:
Thanks for PINNING!
Let’s be baking friends! If you make our recipe please feel free to leave a comment on this post. I’m sure your experience and insights will help all our readers, and it helps me too. Also, if you’re on Pinterest feel free to leave a comment and photo there if you have one! If you share on INSTAGRAM tag @savingroomfordessert so we can stop by and give your post some love. And we’d be very happy if you’d FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER and subscribe to our YOUTUBE channel for all the latest recipes, videos and updates. Thank you!!
PRINT THE RECIPE!
Granny's Pound Cake
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup Parkay margarine, room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups cake flour, sifted after measuring
- 6 Jumbo eggs
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Grease and flour (or use Baking Pam) a large (12 cup) Bundt pan or two loaf pans. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, margarine, and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the sugar and beat until very light and fluffy.
- Alternate adding eggs and flour. Beat only until the yolks disappear and all flour is incorporated. Do not over-beat.
- Bake at 300°F for 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool 30 minutes before removing from the pan.
Here are a few more Pound Cake Recipes you might enjoy:
- Perfect Every Time – Almond Pound Cake
- Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake
- Chocolate Pound Cake
- Blueberry-Lemon Icebox Cake
- Easy Lemon Ricotta Pound Cake
- Mini Coconut Pound Cakes
This is my favorite Bundt pan for making delicious pound cakes! (Click the photo for more information)
The small print: If you decide to purchase something at Amazon after following my affiliate link, I receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you, which I use to pay for web hosting and services for this blog.
Thanks so much for stopping by!