This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Granny’s Pound Cake – Tender and never dry, with a buttery taste and incredible texture. This Pound Cake is delicious toasted or served with juicy fresh fruit, ice cream or as a layer in a trifle. This cake also freezes beautifully.
This easy pound cake is make with just a few pantry ingredients:
Can you freeze this pound cake?
Tips for serving Granny’s pound cake:
Thanks for PINNING!
Let’s be baking friends! If you make our recipe please feel free to leave a comment on this post. I’m sure your experience and insights will help all our readers, and it helps me too. Also, if you’re on Pinterest feel free to leave a comment and photo there if you have one! If you share on INSTAGRAM tag @savingroomfordessert so we can stop by and give your post some love. And we’d be very happy if you’d FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER and subscribe to our YOUTUBE channel for all the latest recipes, videos and updates. Thank you!!
PRINT THE RECIPE!
Granny's Pound Cake
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup Parkay margarine room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups cake flour sifted after measuring
- 6 Jumbo eggs
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Grease and flour (or use Baking Pam) a large (12 cup) Bundt pan or two loaf pans. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, margarine, and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the sugar and beat until very light and fluffy.
- Alternate adding eggs and flour. Beat only until the yolks disappear and all flour is incorporated. Do not over-beat.
- Bake at 300°F for 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool 30 minutes before removing from the pan.
- This recipe has also been tested multiple times using all butter (unsalted only) instead of the margarine and butter combo. The cake bakes more quickly when made with just butter and is a little darker around the edges. IMPORTANT: If using all butter instead of margarine, reduce the baking time to 90 minutes.
- If you don't have jumbo eggs, use 7 large eggs.
- My mother-in-law never added salt or flavorings but I've been adding 1 tablespoon vanilla to the recipe as well as 1/2 teaspoon salt, if using unsalted butter.
Here are a few more Pound Cake Recipes you might enjoy:
- Perfect Every Time – Almond Pound Cake
- Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake
- Chocolate Pound Cake
- Blueberry-Lemon Icebox Cake
- Easy Lemon Ricotta Pound Cake
- Mini Coconut Pound Cakes
This is my favorite Bundt pan for making delicious pound cakes! (Click the photo for more information)
The small print: If you decide to purchase something at Amazon after following my affiliate link, I receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you, which I use to pay for web hosting and services for this blog.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Leave a Comment