Granny’s Pound Cake – Tender and never dry, with a buttery taste and incredible texture. This Pound Cake is delicious toasted or served with juicy fresh fruit, ice cream or as a layer in a trifle. This cake also freezes beautifully.
Thanks for PINNING!
Let’s be baking friends! If you try our recipe, please leave a comment, and photo if you have one, on Pinterest. If you share on INSTAGRAM use the hashtag #savingroomfordessert so we can stop by and give your post some love. And we’d be so happy if you would FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER for all the latest recipes and updates.
Perfect every time - great toasted or served with fruit. Also freezes beautifully
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup Parkay margarine, room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups cake flour sifted after measuring
- 6 Jumbo eggs
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, margarine, and cream cheese until smooth.
Add the sugar and beat until very light and fluffy.
Alternate adding eggs and flour. Beat only until the yolks disappear and all flour is incorporated. Do not over-beat.
- Grease and flour (or use Baking Pam) a large (12 cup) Bundt pan or two loaf pans.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool 30 minutes before removing from the pan.
This recipe has also been tested multiple times using all butter (unsalted only) instead of the margarine and butter combo. The cake bakes more quickly when made with just butter and is a little darker around the edges. IMPORTANT: If using all butter instead of margarine, reduce the baking time to 90 minutes.
If you don't have jumbo eggs, I use 7 large eggs.
My mother-in-law never added salt or flavorings but I've been adding 1 tablespoon vanilla to the recipe as well as 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Here are a few more Pound Cake Recipes you might enjoy:
- Perfect Every Time – Almond Pound Cake
- Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake
- Chocolate Pound Cake
- Blueberry-Lemon Icebox Cake
- Easy Lemon Ricotta Pound Cake
- Mini Coconut Pound Cakes
This is my favorite Bundt pan for making delicious pound cakes! (Click the photo for more information)
The small print: If you decide to purchase something at Amazon after following my affiliate link, I receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you, which I use to pay for web hosting and services for this blog.
Thanks so much for stopping by!