This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake ~ Ripe, juicy blueberries pop in this classic pound cake drizzled with a simple lemony glaze
Don’t forget to PIN for later!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup margarine, room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups cake flour, sifted after measuring
- 6 jumbo eggs (or 7 large eggs)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, tossed with 2 tablespoons cake flour
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, butter and margarine. Beat on medium-high for 3-5 minutes or until light and well blended. Add the granulated sugar and whip on medium-high until light and fluffy. Alternate adding the cake flour with the eggs. Beat just until the flour is incorporated and the egg yolks disappear before adding the next round.
- Grease and flour (or use Baking Pam) a 12 cup Bundt pan or two large loaf pans. Add 2 tablespoons of cake flour to the blueberries and toss to coat. Add about half the batter to the pan and sprinkle with 1/3 of the blueberries. Cover with more batter, then more blueberries and repeat.
- Bake for 1 hour 45 minutes at 300 degrees.
- Cool 1/2 hour then remove to a platter and cool completely.
- For the glaze combine 2 cups confectioners' sugar with the juice of 1 lemon or more until desired consistency. Drizzle over the cooled cake. Garnish with lemon zest if desired.
We love a simple, delicious, made from scratch bundt cake at our house! I can’t wait to try this beautiful Scratch Rum Cake ~ from Texanerin Baking and I bet it will be a big hit any time of the year. If you’re looking for more delicious pound cakes, check out our Perfect Every Time Almond Pound Cake, or this rich and easy Chocolate Pound Cake. My mother-in-law gave me this recipe for Granny’s Pound Cake and I’ve never had any trouble getting rave reviews. Bundt cakes and pound cakes are the best!