This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Marinated and Grilled BBQ Pork Tenderloin Recipe
We’re all about grilling easy and flavorful meals these days.
Marinated in our homemade sweet and spicy Honey BBQ Sauce then grilled to juicy perfection, this simple BBQ Pork Tenderloin is a summer staple.
Easy dinners are our go-to favorites during these sultry, humid dog days of summer and suffering through a few minutes at the grill is much better than warming up the whole house with the oven.
A simple protein like pork, with a side of easy vegetables, and we’re all set for dinner. Easy peasy is the name of the game and this simple Grilled BBQ Pork Tenderloin Recipe is the answer!
Pork tenderloin is a super easy cut of meat to prepare, cook, and serve.
When cooked correctly, it’s tender and juicy and loaded with flavor. We like to marinate pork tenderloin in our lightly sweet Honey BBQ Sauce for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
When ready to cook, allow the meat to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before grilling. This will warm the center of the meat and allow it cook more evenly on the grill. When it comes to pork, nobody wants a beautiful char on the outside with an undercooked raw center.
One of the keys to mouthwatering, delicious, juicy, tender pork is to not overcook it.
Grab an inexpensive instant-read thermometer and never suffer through dried-out pork again. Allow the pork to rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing. This helps keep the meat moist by letting the juices settle down and stay inside the meat where it belongs.
Serve with extra BBQ sauce, because the secret’s in the sauce!
You can use your favorite BBQ sauce but if you don’t have one, I highly recommend trying our Honey BBQ Sauce recipe. It’s easy and quick and has the right amount of tang to season the pork and the honey caramelizes beautifully on the exterior.
Baste once or twice and serve with additional sauce if desired. You’ll desire, trust me 😉
Thanks for PINNING!
Grilled BBQ Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 2 pork tenderloins 1 ½ to 2 pounds total
- 1 cup barbecue sauce plus additional for serving
- salt and pepper
- Place the tenderloins in a large ziplock bag and cover with the BBQ Sauce. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook, set the tenderloins out at room temperature for 30-minutes.
- Prepare the grill. Light all burners on high for 10 minutes. Leave the primary burner on high and turn the others off. Clean the cooking grates with a grill brush. Using tongs, lightly oil the grates with a clean paper towel dipped in vegetable oil.
- Remove the pork from the sauce and place on the hot side of the grill. Season with salt and pepper. Cover the grill and cook, turning occasionally, until all sides are charred. Use any sauce from the ziplock bag to baste the pork when turning. Discard any remaining sauce after cooking the pork.
- Once browned on all sides, move the pork to the cooler side of the grill. Continue to cook, covered, until the tenderloin registers 145°F on an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the pork, about 5-10 minutes.
- Transfer to a carving board, tent lightly with foil and allow the pork to rest 10-15 minutes. Slice and serve with additional BBQ sauce if desired.
Here are a few more of our favorite recipes to try this summer on the grill:
Easy Honey BBQ Sauce – great as a marinade or for basting and slathering on grilled chicken, pork or beef. Perfect for this easy Grilled BBQ Pork Tenderloin recipe!
Grilled Mexican Street Corn (Elote) – a wonderfully messy, well spiced, delicious summer treat. Fresh sweet summer corn slathered in a mixture of mayonnaise, garlic, lime juice, chili powder and Cotija cheese then grilled to perfection. The end result is the perfect combination of salty, spicy, and tangy, and utterly delicious!
Grilled Cuban Mojo-Marinated Pork Tenderloin ~ an easy and delicious overnight marinade with powerful flavors from the garlic, citrus and herbs. Grilled to perfection, this tender pork will garner praise from your grateful dinner companions!
This Orange Barbecue Grilled Chicken Recipe is deliciously different and a breeze to throw together in a flash. We love the bright orange flavor and the hint of ginger and pineapple juice in the sauce. It’s lip smacking good!
Leave a Comment