This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Fresh off the grill! This Orange Barbecue Grilled Chicken Recipe is deliciously different and a breeze to throw together in a flash. We love the bright orange flavor and the hint of ginger and pineapple juice in the sauce. It’s lip smacking good!
I hope you had a chance to gather with family and friends this weekend and put something delicious on the grill. In the United States we celebrate Memorial Day to honor those who have died while serving our country in the armed forces. While this holiday has grown into a time to celebrate the beginning of summer or the end of the school year, let us not ever forget the parents, siblings, husbands and wives who miss their loved ones.
Let’s talk about this wonderful chicken! This is not your plain old barbecue grilled chicken. The orange flavor is front and center and the sweet grilled pineapple adds that something special to make this meal a real treat.
The sauce starts with your favorite BBQ sauce – bottled or homemade – whatever you prefer. Add unsweetened pineapple juice, grated ginger, and orange zest, and it transforms into a delicious sauce perfect for the grilled chicken and pineapple. You’ll want to hang onto this recipe for your next gathering around the grill!
Thanks for PINNING!
Let’s be grilling friends! If you try our recipe, please leave a comment, and photo if you have one, on Pinterest. If you share on INSTAGRAM use the hashtag #savingroomfordessert so we can stop by and give your post some love. And we’d be so happy if you would FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER for all the latest recipes and updates.
Here are a few more grilled recipes you might enjoy!
Grilled Pork Chops with Peach Agrodolce is an easy and delicious main course quick enough for weeknights, and sophisticated enough for special occasions.
Cheesy Grilled Taco Burgers – all the authentic Mexican flavors you love, in one tasty burger!
Grilled Cuban Mojo-Marinated Pork Tenderloin ~ an easy and delicious overnight marinade with powerful flavors from the garlic, citrus and herbs. Grilled to perfection, this tender pork will garner praise from your grateful dinner companions.
Orange Barbecue Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (20 oz) pineapple slices in 100% juice drained, juice reserved
- 1 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger peeled and grated
- ½ cup reserved pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar optional
- Stir together the barbecue sauce, orange zest, grated ginger, ½ cup of the reserved pineapple juice and brown sugar if using. Set aside half the sauce for serving with the chicken.
- Dip folded paper towels in cooking oil. Use tongs to hold the folded oiled paper towels to clean and oil the grill. Set the towels aside to use again before grilling the pineapple. Preheat grill to 350° - 400°F.
- Sear the chicken breasts over a hot grill, basting with half the barbecue sauce. Cook until the juices are clear and the breasts are cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes on each side.
- Oil the grate of the grill with the paper towels dipped in vegetable oil. Grill the pineapple slices until lightly charred.
- Serve the chicken with a slice or two of pineapple. Pass the remaining barbecue sauce when serving.
- If your barbecue sauce is already sweet, omit the brown sugar
- Recipe inspired by Dole
I can never get enough grilled chicken recipes! This Grilled Chicken with Balsamic Vinegar from Kalyn’s Kitchen is going on our menu soon. Love this Southwestern Grilled Chicken with Lime Butter recipe from She Wears Many Hats – it looks super juicy 😉 Around here we could eat these Grilled Chicken Nachos at least once a week. Check out this delicious recipe from Taste and Tell.
Summer time is perfect for easy meals on the grill. Since I still don’t have a real kitchen, I’m grateful we can at least grill our dinner! This renovation has been a stressful undertaking with problems at every turn. Maybe one day I’ll share some before and after photos and tips on what we’ve learned … so far. And, on a much happier note, we’re on baby watch again! Our daughter Allie is expecting a little girl in a few days so this means our grandson Isaac (4 years old) will have a sister named Isabelle! We’re so excited for them all. Our son and daughter-in-law welcomed their first child, a little girl named Jayden, only 2 months ago. These girl cousins will get to grow up together – and we are feeling very blessed!
Have a wonderful week and thanks so much for stopping by!