This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Thank you Cacique® for sponsoring this post. Visit your local grocery store to pick up your fave Cacique® product for a delicious dinner tonight!
Grilled Salmon Tacos with Avocado Crema – delicious, healthy and easy tacos loaded with crunchy spicy slaw, a flavorful avocado crema and chunks of grilled tender salmon.
We’re in full-on grilling mode these days and are so excited to share these wonderful Grilled Salmon Tacos with you today. We adore tacos of any kind, but fish tacos hold a special place on my list of fabulous favorites. Salmon is a terrific choice for tacos. It cooks up quick and easy and is the ultimate taco filling for a fast weeknight dinner. Grilled Salmon Tacos are also delicious enough to serve at a weekend dinner party, emphasis on party! Everybody will think you fussed, but really not at all!
Today, we’re thrilled to be featuring a few of our favorite, authentic Cacique® products.
This amazing product line of Hispanic cheeses, chorizos, and cremas can take your family favorite recipes from good…to great! Cotija cheese has a strong, salty flavor and is often used as a topping (woohoo tacos!) or mixed into sauces. Traditionally, Cotija is made with cow’s milk. It’s a seasonal cheese produced by artisan cheese makers. Cotija rates as one of Mexico’s most recognized cheeses.
I created an amazing Avocado Crema, using Cacique® Crema Mexicana. It has a pure rich taste, smooth creamy consistency similar to crème fraiche, and a slight tinge of buttery sweetness. Used as an everyday table cream with a neutral fresh-tasting flavor, it’s pourable, rich and silky and a great addition to both sweet and savory dishes. If you have any leftover after making this Avocado Crema, try pouring it over fresh sliced strawberries. It’s a fantastic ending to this delicious meal.
My husband and I host a monthly dinner with the whole family; kids, spouses, grandkids and dogs. We often try to center the dinner around an upcoming birthday, holiday or special occasion. Grilled Salmon Tacos with Avocado Crema are the perfect way to celebrate Father’s Day this year. Our guys all love tacos so these are on the menu again! These salmon tacos were served on grilled mini-street sized flour tortillas, but feel free to use your favorite taco shell like fajita style flour tortillas, corn tortillas or even use all the components as a topping on a salad for the carb conscious in your family.
Create and share quick Mexican recipes that make it easy to savor the tastes and flavors of Mexican food without spending a long time in the kitchen.
Be sure to dollop on plenty of Avocado Crema made with Cacique® Crema Mexicana, then big spoonfuls of the easy spicy slaw, juicy chunks of well spiced grilled salmon and a healthy sprinkling of Cacique® Cotija cheese! These delicious tacos taste like a party!
Thanks for PINNING!
Let’s be grilling friends! If you try our recipe, please leave a comment, and photo if you have one, on Pinterest. If you share on INSTAGRAM use the hashtag #savingroomfordessert so we can stop by and give your post some love. And we’d be so happy if you would FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER | YOUTUBE for all the latest recipes and updates.
- 1 ripe avocado, halved and pit removed
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana table cream, or sour cream
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 cups coleslaw mix, or thinly sliced cabbage
- 1/4 of a small red onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 small jalapeño, seeds removed and minced
- juice of 2 limes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chile powder, New Mexico or ancho would be great
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 4-ounce wild salmon fillets, skin on
- Scoop out the flesh of the avocado with a spoon. Place all ingredients in a small food processor and pulse until smooth. Refrigerate until needed.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and toss to combine. Set aside stirring occasionally until ready to serve.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Before it gets hot, clean grill grates and grease with a folded paper towel dipped in vegetable oil. Use tongs to hold the paper towel to keep your hands away from the heat.
- Combine the olive oil, chile powder, cumin, lime juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl to make a paste. Rub the spice mixture over both sides of the salmon. Sear the salmon, skin side up until charred. Carefully turn the salmon and grill until just cooked through, about 5-8 minutes. Remove to a plate and discard the skin. Cut or flake into 1-inch pieces.
- Grill, cook or warm the tortillas. Spread 1 heaping tablespoon of the crema over half of each tortilla. Top with a 1/4 cup portion of the slaw and then divide the salmon among the tortillas. Top each with chopped cilantro leaves and crumbled Cacique® Cotija cheese. Serve immediately.
Salmon may also be prepared in a skillet on the stove top, or broiled or baked in the oven. If your limes are a little old or kept in the refrigerator, you can get more juice by rolling the lime firmly on a hard surface under the palm of your hand. You can also try microwaving the lime for 15 seconds to get the juice flowing. If you have leftover slaw, add a dollop of mayonnaise and a pinch of sugar to the cabbage. Recycle the slaw for the next meal!
We don’t wait for Tuesday to enjoy tacos – they’re perfect for any day of the week. One of our favorite recipes is for these Sriracha Grilled Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos and the robust Smoky Chicken Tinga Tacos. Both would be great with a Cotija cheese topping. We also love our healthy Creamy Taco Soup Recipe– it’s also perfect sprinkled with a little Cacique® Cotija cheese and a splash of Cacique® Crema Mexicana.
For over 40 years Cacique®has remained a family-owned company dedicated to producing the highest-quality authentic products. Be sure to try some today, we’re so glad we did!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.