This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Lemon Yogurt Cake
- 1 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain whole-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 ⅓ cups granulated sugar divided
- 3 large eggs
- Grated zest from 2 lemons
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease the bottom of an 8 ½ by 4 ¼ loaf pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper, then grease and flour the entire pan. Set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt onto a large of wax paper. Set aside. In a large bowl whisk together the yogurt, 1 cup of granulated sugar, the eggs, lemon zest and vanilla. Slowly whisk in the flour mixture a little at a time until blended. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the vegetable oil until well incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick tested in the center comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking cook the remaining ⅓ cup granulated sugar and ⅓ cup lemon juice in a small pan until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is clear. Set aside.
- When the cake is done, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Carefully place the bake on a baking rack set over a piece of wax paper (I used the one that held the flour mixture after sifting.) While the cake is still warm, pour the lemon-sugar glaze over the cake and allow it to soak in. Cool completely.
To make the glaze:
- Combine the confectioners' sugar and lemon juice and pour over the cake.
- Slice and serve.
Leave a Comment