This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Turkey Taco Picadillo
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and stem removed, minced
- 1 ½ tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- ¾ cup chopped canned tomatoes with juice - about ½ 14.5 ounce can
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- ½ tsp Better than Bouillon chicken flavor combined with ⅓ cup hot water
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Add the oil, garlic, onions, jalapeno, and spices to a medium skillet. Season with salt and cook over medium-low heat stirring occasionally until tender.
- Increase heat to medium-high, add the tomatoes and boil to thicken for a few minutes.
- Stir in the turkey and chicken bouillon. Reduce the heat to simmer and cook until thickened but not dry.
- Add the cilantro and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve on burrito or taco shells or with chips as nachos.
- Adapted from a recipe by Food Network