This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Light & fluffy Ricotta Pancakes with hints of lemon and a fantastic texture to soak up a little syrup. Serve with your favorite fresh fruit for a delightful and delicious way to start the day!
If you’re a pancake loving family, I hope you’ll give these amazing pancakes a try! There’s something about ricotta cheese that turns these pancakes into light and fluffy, deliciously rich, tiny cakes that don’t crumble or fall apart when drizzled with syrup. Personally, I’m all about thick pancakes so we cook these low and slow to ensure they’re done all the way through. It’s practically torture waiting until they’re done!
These pancakes freeze beautifully and re-warm in the microwave for an instant delicious breakfast on the go. If you like light, fluffy, thick and delicious pancakes, you will be so happy with this recipe!
Our light and fluffy Ricotta Pancakes are pretty great with just a drizzle of maple syrup or honey.
I love the bright, tart bite from the addition of fresh lemon juice and a little bit of sugar in the batter gives them just enough sweetness. These pancakes are an absolute winner and perfect for an easy Mother’s Day treat or weekend brunch. Enjoy!
Thanks for PINNING!
Let’s be cooking friends! If you make our recipe please feel free to leave a comment on this post. I’m sure your experience and insights will help all our readers, and it helps me too. Also, if you’re on Pinterest feel free to leave a comment and photo there if you have one! If you share on INSTAGRAM tag @savingroomfordessert so we can stop by and give your post some love. And we’d be very happy if you’d FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER and subscribe to our YOUTUBE channel for all the latest recipes, videos and updates. Thank you!!!
Light & Fluffy Ricotta Pancakes
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- sliced almonds
- fresh blueberries, strawberries, raspberries or blackberries
- maple syrup
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. In a medium mixing bowl combine the ricotta cheese, milk, egg, vanilla and lemon juice. Whisk until smooth. Add the flour mixture to the ricotta mixture and blend well with a rubber spatula.
- Preheat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Lightly grease the pan with vegetable oil using a paper towel to remove the excess. Lower the heat to medium-low and add 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. You can easily cook three at a time in a large skillet. Gently spread the batter to a 3 1/2-inch round pancake using the back of a spoon. Cook until the bottom is golden brown and the edges are drying. Gently turn and continue cooking until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a baking sheet in a single layer. To keep warm, put the pan in a warm oven until serving. Continue cooking until all the batter is gone. Serve and enjoy!
Here are a few of our favorite kitchen tools used when making these luscious pancakes – click on the photos for more information:
If you decide to purchase something at Amazon after following my affiliate link, I receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you, which I use to pay for web hosting and services for this blog. Thanks for supporting SRFD!
Here are a few more pancake recipes from some terrific bloggers:
I love these Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes from The View from Great Island – they look sooooo good! I really want to try these Whole Wheat Pancakes that are freezer friendly and healthy too from A Mindful Mom. You’ll want to check out these creative and amazing Sheet Pan Pancakes from Belly Full. You can serve 6 people at once with that recipe! And finally, you’re going to love this recipe for The Best Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes from Mom on Timeout. Yum, yum and yum!
Thanks so much for stopping by!