This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chocolate Raspberry Pie with tart fresh raspberries and a sweet cream cheese layer topped with luscious semisweet chocolate.
Chocolate Raspberry Pie
- 1 9-inch pre-baked pie crust (see LINK in notes)
- 3-6 tablespoons granulated sugar (use 3 T if the berries are sweet and up to 6 T if the berries are very tart)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups fresh unsweetened raspberries, or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
For the filling:
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
For the topping:
- 1 ounce good quality semi-sweet chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Prepare a 9-inch pastry shell and refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Line the cold pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside to cool on a wire rack.
- In a medium saucepan combine the raspberries, sugar and cornstarch. Cook over medium heat stirring frequently. Bring mixture to a boil and cook for 2 more minutes stirring constantly. Remove from heat and allow the raspberry mixture to cool for 15 minutes. Spread raspberries in the baked pie shell and refrigerate while preparing the cream cheese layer.
- Beat whipping cream in a small mixing bowl until stiff peaks form. Set aside. In another small bowl combine the cream cheese, vanilla and sugar. Beat until fluffy. Fold in the whipped cream and carefully spread over the raspberry layer. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, combine the chocolate and butter. Heat on 50% power for 30-second intervals stirring in between until melted. Cool for 5 minutes. Pour the chocolate over the filling and chill the pie for at least 2 hours before serving. Cover the pie and refrigerate leftovers.
- (adapted from a recipe on Food.com)
- We recommend using our Perfect Pie Crust Recipe in 3 easy steps. Click HERE to get the recipe and watch the how-to video.