This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Peach Cream Pie
- 1 whole pre-baked 9-inch Pastry Crust (see link in notes for homemade pie crust)
For the custard:
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
For the peaches:
- 4 cups fresh peaches peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
For the Whipped Cream:
- ½ teaspoon unflavored powdered gelatin
- 1 ½ teaspoons cool water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Prepare the baked pie crust. Set aside to cool.
- For the custard, mix the milk, sugar, cornstarch and egg in a medium saucepan. Whisk until well blended. Cook over medium heat until custard thickens and comes to a boil. Boil one minute stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add vanilla and butter. Stir until blended. Immediately pour custard into the baked pie shell and cover with plastic wrap. Lay the plastic wrap directly on top of the custard to seal and prevent a film from forming. Refrigerate until chilled, at least three hours.
- Peel and slice the fresh peaches. Stir in sugar and cinnamon until blended. Set aside for 10 minutes. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Pour the peaches into the butter and cook, stirring constantly until the peaches are soft. In a separate small bowl, combine the water and cornstarch. Whisk until blended. Bring the peaches to a boil and add the cornstarch mixture slowly. Cook and stir until thickened. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool for 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon gently layer peach mixture on top of the custard spreading evenly. Refrigerate for one hour.
- In a small cup mix the powdered gelatin with the water. Let mixture stand for ten minutes. Melt gelatin mixture in the microwave for 10 seconds and let cool for five minutes. In a small mixing bowl add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat on medium-high speed until cream starts to thicken. Slowly pour the gelatin into the whipped cream and beat until medium peaks form. Spread on top of the peach layer and chill for at least one hour.
- Adapted from a recipe by Kelly on Tasty Kitchen
- Find the recipe to make your own homemade pie crust here