This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Pear Crumb Pie – juicy pears topped with a sweet crumb mixture wrapped in a flaky crust – fall fruit at it’s best!
Don’t forget to PIN to your favorite Pie Board!
Pear Crumb Pie Recipe
- 1 unbaked Pie Crust Recipe (See link in NOTES)
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled pears about 5 large pears
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
For the topping:
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, cold and diced
- In a large mixing bowl combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and nutmeg. Fold in the sliced pears until coated. Sprinkle the mixture with the lemon juice. Pour mixture into the unbaked pie crust and bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- While the pie is baking, combine the topping ingredients. Cut in the butter until crumbly. Remove pie from the oven and spread the topping over the filling. Bake for 40 minutes. Cover the crust with foil to prevent over browning if necessary.
- Cool and serve room temperature or slightly warm with ice cream.