This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
An incredibly delicious pie loaded with oats and coconut
- 1 unbaked 9-inch Pie Crust Recipe (See link in notes)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl beat eggs until foamy. Gradually add the granulated sugar and the brown sugar. Mix well. Add the corn syrup, butter and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a small bowl combine the oats, coconut and flour. Add the oat mixture to the creamed mixture and mix until blended.
- Pour into a prepared un-baked pie crust. Top with chopped pecans and bake for 10 minutes at 425 degrees. Reduce the heat to 350 degrees and continue baking for 30 - 35 minutes. Bake until the center is set. Test by touching the pie center lightly to see if it is almost firm. Do not over bake. Cool completely on a wire rack. Store left overs tightly sealed in the refrigerator.
We use our Perfect Pie Crust Recipe in 3 Easy Steps (with video tutorial). Click HERE to print the recipe.
I’m off to walk on the beach with my two crazy dogs. I love vacation. Thanks so very much for stopping by! I will be back Wednesday with a post about what I cooked, what I ate, maybe some scenery photos and traveling husband is going to let me post some of his outstanding photographs. He is the professional shooter – I just shoot the food 🙂