This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1 9-inch Pie Crust Recipe (see link in notes)
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups canned pumpkin puree [about 1 and ⅓ (15-ounce) cans]
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, plus 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon *
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger *
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg *
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves *
- Whipped cream for topping, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9-inch pie crust and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Line the pastry with parchment paper and fill with pie weights or beans. Blind bake for 5 minutes, then remove the weights. Bake another 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Add the pumpkin and beat until combined. Add the sugar and salt and beat until blended. Mix the egg, egg yolks, half-and-half, and the melted cooled butter together. Add the egg mixture to the pumpkin mixture and beat until combined. Finally, add the vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves until blended.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pie crust and bake for 50-60 minutes or until the center is set. Cool on a wire or wood rack until room temperature. Top with sweetened whipped cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
- (adapted from a recipe by Paula Deen)
- * Substitute 1 3/4 to 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice for the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves
- Try our Perfect Pie Crust in 3 Easy Steps (with VIDEO) for this recipe. Click HERE to print the recipe.