This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Peach Sherbet – a creamy, delicious, velvety smooth fresh peach dessert – made with only two ingredients right in your blender!
Tips for picking the best peaches:
- Select peaches that are firm with no shriveled skin;
- The peaches should be very fragrant;
- The fruit should be slightly soft when gently squeezed;
- Check for bruises and avoid damaged fruit;
- Color is a good indicator of great fruit, pick those with deep, rich hues;
- Large peaches have the most sugar, select medium to large peaches;
- Buy local if you can. These peaches have spent less time traveling and more time on the tree to ripen!
Sherbert, Sherbet or Sorbet?
Sherbert – a frozen dessert made of fruit juice and sugar, but also containing milk or gelatin.Sherbet – an American term for a frozen dessert like sorbet, but containing a small amount of milkfat, generally 1-3%. Anything more (above 3%) is considered ice cream (source).(Sounds like sherbert to me!)Sorbet – refers to a frozen dessert made from sweetened water with flavoring (typically fruit juice or fruit puree, wine or liqueur), with little or no dairy. (source)Call it sherbert or sherbet – either way it’s still a wonderful fruity dessert, perfect on a hot summer day!
No kidding – just two ingredients – frozen sliced peaches and sweetened condensed milk.
We are smitten with this delicious concoction.
Thanks for PINNING!
Let’s be kitchen friends! If you make our recipe please feel free to leave a comment on this post. I’m sure your experience and insights will help all our readers, and it helps me too. Also, if you’re on Pinterest feel free to leave a comment and photo there if you have one! If you share on INSTAGRAM tag @savingroomfordessert so we can stop by and give your post some love. And we’d be very happy if you’d FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER and subscribe to our YOUTUBE channel for all the latest recipes, videos and updates. Thank you!!
PRINT THE RECIPE!
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 5-6 large to medium ripe peaches
- Peel fresh peaches over a parchment paper lined baking sheet to catch the juice. Slice the peaches and freeze (and any accumulated juice) in a single layer on the parchment lined baking sheet until frozen, about 4 hours.
- Add the peaches and sweetened condensed milk to a blender and puree until the peaches are the consistency of soft serve ice cream. This can be done in batches if needed.
- Serve immediately or freeze in an airtight container for an ice cream consistency.
Here are a few more peach recipes you might enjoy:
Fresh Peach Breakfast Cake – an easy to make treat with a rich, moist sour cream batter, sweet crispy top and loads of delicious fresh peaches. Perfect for breakfast, brunch or afternoon tea! Click HERE to get the recipe.
Fresh Peach Pie – made with juicy, ripe peaches and a flaky, buttery pastry crust. Don’t forget the ice cream or a scoop of this peach sherbet! Click HERE to get the recipe.
Peach Hand Pies – made with farm fresh sweet, juicy peaches tucked in a soft, flaky crust and a little drizzle of almond flavored icing. Click HERE to get the recipe.