This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
A light crisp cookie that is slightly sweet and delicious! An Italian classic
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 8 tablespoons margarine, melted and slightly cooled
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Anise extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Cream the butter, margarine and sugar together. Add the eggs and Anise and beat until the mixture is creamy.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the batter and mix until blended. If the batter is too thick you can add a few tablespoons of water or additional flour if it's too thin.
- Bake the Pizzelles according to the manufactures directions. Store in an airtight container.
While these are super easy to make, they are a little time consuming. Put a good movie on the TV or iPad and enjoy!
I hope the weather is cooperating where you are. We had a lovely cool-ish weekend with low humidity. If this keeps up I’ll have to try making Macarons again. Egg white cookies really hate humidity so I patiently wait for the perfect weather.
Thanks so much for stopping by – you’re the best!