This is an oldie, but a goodie, (originally posted November 2011) but was worth reshooting and sharing again! And … we made a video to share with you too 🙂
Thick, rich, healthy and creamy – it tastes like pumpkin pie in a glass. When you’re craving pumpkin pie but don’t have time to make one, this is a fine substitute.
Don’t forget to PIN to your favorite Pumpkin Board!
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (I prefer Fage brand yogurt)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 scoop protein powder (optional)
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 frozen sliced banana
- 5-6 ice cubes
- Agave nectar, honey or Truvia to taste
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, more or less to taste
- Fresh ground nutmeg for garnish
Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse until smooth. Serve sprinkled with additional cinnamon or nutmeg if desired.
Recipe and Photos updated October, 2016
Here are a few more pumpkin recipes you might enjoy:
- Pumpkin Spiced Pizzelles ~ from Saving Room for Dessert
- Spiced Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust ~ from Saving Room for Dessert
- Crock Pot Pumpkin Butter ~ from The View from Great Island
- Soft Pumpkin Spice Cookies ~ from Seasons & Suppers
Here’s a link to my favorite blender:
The small print: If you decide to purchase something at Amazon after following my affiliate link, I receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you, which I use to pay for web hosting and services for this blog.