This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
The quintessential autumn treat – a creamy and delicious Pumpkin Pie Smoothie!
Made with just a few simple ingredients right in your blender.
This pumpkin pie smoothie is thick, rich, healthy and creamy, and it tastes like pumpkin pie in a glass.
When you’re craving pumpkin pie but don’t have time to make one, this is a fine substitute. I wonder what my family would say if I served this pumpkin pie smooth on Thanksgiving with a dollop of whipped cream instead of pie! Once they taste it, I bet they wouldn’t mind 🙂
Does canned pumpkin have to be cooked to be safe to eat?
Canned pumpkin puree is already cooked in the canning process so there’s no need to cook the pumpkin before using. Just scoop it straight out of the can! If you don’t use the entire can right away, trying freezing the remaining puree in an ice cube tray lined with plastic wrap. Pop a few in the blender next time you make smoothies and eliminate some of the ice cubes. Yum!
Thanks for PINNING!
Let’s be cooking friends! When you try our recipe please leave a comment on this post. If you loved this recipe we’d appreciate a 5-star rating! Sharing your experience, variations and insights will help all our readers, and it helps me too. If you’re on Pinterest feel free to leave a comment and photo there if you have one. If you share on INSTAGRAM tag @savingroomfordessert so we can stop by and give your post some love. And we’d be very happy if you’d FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER and subscribe to our YOUTUBE channel for all the latest recipes, videos and updates. Thank you!!!
PRINT THE RECIPE!
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- ½ scoop protein powder (optional)
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 banana sliced and frozen
- 5-6 ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons honey more or less to taste (or other sweetener like agave, maple syrup, etc)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice more or less to taste
- fresh ground nutmeg for garnish
- Add all ingredients (except nutmeg) to a blender and pulse until smooth. Serve sprinkled with additional cinnamon or nutmeg if desired.
- Recipe and Photos updated October, 2016
- Nutritional information and calories may vary depending on the brand of Greek yogurt you use and how much/which kind of sweetener.
Here are a few more pumpkin recipes you might enjoy:
- Pumpkin Spiced Pizzelles ~ from Saving Room for Dessert
- Spiced Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust ~ from Saving Room for Dessert
- Crock Pot Pumpkin Butter ~ from The View from Great Island
- Soft Pumpkin Spice Cookies ~ from Seasons & Suppers
Here’s a link to my favorite blender:
The small print: If you decide to purchase something at Amazon after following my affiliate link, I receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you, which I use to pay for web hosting and services for this blog.
Originally posted November 2011, updated October 2016