This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Delicious Spicy Basil Chicken Recipe
Add a little zip to your next family dinner!
This Spicy Basil Chicken recipe is a terrific dish you’ll want to put on repeat! With tender chunks of chicken sautéed in a lightly sweet and spicy sauce with plenty of fresh garlic, basil and minced shallots. Serve with a steaming bowl of rice for a filling and tasty meal.
Quick, easy and on the table in about 30 minutes!
Okay don’t judge – I put a chicken and rice dish in an Asian noodle bowl.
Thanks for PINNING!
Let’s be cooking friends! If you make our recipe please feel free to leave a comment on this post. I’m sure your experience and insights will help all our readers, and it helps me too. If you’re on Pinterest feel free to leave a comment and photo there if you have one!
If you share on INSTAGRAM tag @savingroomfordessert so we can stop by and give your post some love. FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER and subscribe to our YOUTUBE channel for all the latest recipes, videos and updates.
Spicy Basil Chicken
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ cup minced shallots
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar optional
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 ½ teaspoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sliced basil leaves plus more for garnish
- Sliced green onions for garnish
- Jasmine rice for serving
- In a small bowl combine the fish sauce, sugar, honey soy sauce, chili sauce, water, cornstarch and salt. Whisk until blended, set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sauté the shallots and garlic for about 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the chicken and cook about 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until done.
- Add the fish sauce mixture to the pan and cook until the sauce thickens, about 1 minute. Stir to coat the chicken and remove from the heat. Add the basil leaves and stir to combine. Serve with rice and garnish with sliced green onions.
- Six chicken thighs are a great substitute for the 3 chicken breasts.
- Chili Garlic Sauce can be found in the Asian section of your local grocery store.
Here are a few more of our favorite Asian inspired recipes you might also enjoy:
Fresh and delicious, this Easy Hot & Sour Soup Recipe is loaded with tofu, mushrooms and bites of pork tenderloin simmered in a rich, full flavored broth. Homemade Hot & Sour Soup is so much better than take-out and easy too!
Teriyaki Salmon Rice Bowls with roasted Bok Choy ~ a super easy, quick and delicious dinner with terrific (almost intense) flavor from the simple homemade teriyaki sauce. Once you try this recipe, I bet you never buy pre-made teriyaki sauce again!
Here’s a link to the chili garlic sauce used in this recipe.
If you decide to purchase something at Amazon after following my affiliate link, I receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you, which I use to pay for web hosting and services for this blog. Thanks for supporting SRFD!