This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Spicy Basil Chicken Recipe – tender chunks of chicken sautéed in a lightly sweet and spicy sauce with plenty of fresh garlic, basil and minced shallots. This is a terrific chicken dish you’ll want to put on repeat!
Having a very happy basil plant firmly established in our garden inspires me to look for new ways to share the green.
Okay don’t judge – I put a chicken and rice dish in an Asian noodle bowl.
Thanks for PINNING!
Let’s be cooking friends! If you try our recipe please feel free to leave a comment on this post. I’m sure your experience and insights will help our readers, and me too. Also, if you’re on Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there if you have one! If you share on INSTAGRAM use the hashtag #savingroomfordessert so we can stop by and give your post some love. And we’d be very happy if you’d FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER and subscribe to our YOUTUBE channel for all the latest recipes, videos and updates. Thank you!!!
PRINT THE RECIPE!
Spicy Basil Chicken
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar, optional
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sliced basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- Sliced green onions for garnish
- Jasmine rice for serving
- In a small bowl combine the fish sauce, sugar, honey soy sauce, chili sauce, water, cornstarch and salt. Whisk until blended, set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sauté the shallots and garlic for about 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the chicken and cook about 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until done.
- Add the fish sauce mixture to the pan and cook until the sauce thickens, about 1 minute. Stir to coat the chicken and remove from the heat. Add the basil leaves and stir to combine. Serve with rice and garnish with sliced green onions.
Here are a few more of our favorite Asian inspired recipes you might also enjoy:
Fresh and delicious, this Easy Hot & Sour Soup Recipe is loaded with tofu, mushrooms and bites of pork tenderloin simmered in a rich, full flavored broth. Homemade Hot & Sour Soup is so much better than take-out and easy too! Click HERE to get the recipe for Hot & Sour Soup.
Teriyaki Salmon Rice Bowls with roasted Bok Choy ~ a super easy, quick and delicious dinner with terrific (almost intense) flavor from the simple homemade teriyaki sauce. Once you try this recipe, I bet you never buy pre-made teriyaki sauce again! Click HERE to get the recipe for Teriyaki Salmon Rice Bowls.
Here’s a link to the chili garlic sauce used in this recipe. Click on the photo for more information:
If you decide to purchase something at Amazon after following my affiliate link, I receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you, which I use to pay for web hosting and services for this blog. Thanks for supporting SRFD!