This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Spicy Basil Chicken Recipe – tender chunks of chicken sautéed in a lightly sweet and spicy sauce with plenty of fresh garlic, basil and minced shallots. This is a terrific chicken dish you’ll want to put on repeat!
Thanks for PINNING!
Let’s be cooking friends! If you try our recipe please feel free to leave a comment on this post. I’m sure your experience and insights will help our readers, and me too. Also, if you’re on Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there if you have one! If you share on INSTAGRAM use the hashtag #savingroomfordessert so we can stop by and give your post some love. And we’d be very happy if you’d FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER and subscribe to our YOUTUBE channel for all the latest recipes, videos and updates. Thank you!!!
Here are a few more of our favorite Asian inspired recipes you might also enjoy:
Fresh and delicious, this Easy Hot & Sour Soup Recipe is loaded with tofu, mushrooms and bites of pork tenderloin simmered in a rich, full flavored broth. Homemade Hot & Sour Soup is so much better than take-out and easy too! Click HERE to get the recipe for Hot & Sour Soup.
Teriyaki Salmon Rice Bowls with roasted Bok Choy ~ a super easy, quick and delicious dinner with terrific (almost intense) flavor from the simple homemade teriyaki sauce. Once you try this recipe, I bet you never buy pre-made teriyaki sauce again! Click HERE to get the recipe for Teriyaki Salmon Rice Bowls.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar, optional
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sliced basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- Sliced green onions for garnish
- Jasmine rice for serving
- In a small bowl combine the fish sauce, sugar, honey soy sauce, chili sauce, water, cornstarch and salt. Whisk until blended, set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sauté the shallots and garlic for about 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the chicken and cook about 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until done.
- Add the fish sauce mixture to the pan and cook until the sauce thickens, about 1 minute. Stir to coat the chicken and remove from the heat. Add the basil leaves and stir to combine. Serve with rice and garnish with sliced green onions.
Six chicken thighs are a great substitute for the 3 chicken breasts.
Chili Garlic Sauce can be found in the Asian section of your local grocery store.
Here’s a link to the chili garlic sauce used in this recipe. Click on the photo for more information:
If you decide to purchase something at Amazon after following my affiliate link, I receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you, which I use to pay for web hosting and services for this blog. Thanks for supporting SRFD!