This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Spicy Honey Lime Shrimp – 15 minutes is all you need to bring this delicious, sweet-tart and spicy shrimp to the table!
These shrimp are finger-licking great! We’re smitten with the fabulous combination of sweet honey, tart fresh lime juice, and garlic with just a little heat from the dry Sriracha seasoning. Be sure to serve the shrimp over pasta or rice so you don’t miss one drop of this amazing sauce.
The shrimp are quickly seared on both sides in a non-stick pan in about 3 minutes. The sauce is added to the skillet coating the shrimp with a wonderfully spicy, sticky glaze. Once cooked through, remove the shrimp from the skillet to a serving bowl, then continue cooking the sauce until it’s reduced and slightly thickened. Pour the thickened sauce back over the shrimp, garnish with parsley and serve immediately with lime wedges. Done and done!
It’s really hard to beat a quick, budget friendly, delicious meal that’s good enough for company and fast enough for a weeknight.
We often forget about shrimp as a quick and easy dinner solution. Even if the shrimp is frozen, you can thaw it in about 10 minutes under cool running water. Talk about last minute perfection!
Spicy Honey Lime Shrimp is on our regular dinner rotation now, and I bet it will be on yours too once you give this recipe a try!
Thanks for PINNING!
We’d love to connect with you on social media. If you try our recipe, please use the hashtag #savingroomfordessert on INSTAGRAM so we can come give your post some love! And be sure to FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER for all the latest recipes and updates.
Spicy Honey Lime Shrimp
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup honey
- juice of 1 lime, about 2 tablespoons
- dash of salt
- ½ teaspoon Sriracha dry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined (tail on or off)
- ¼ teaspoon crushed chili pepper flakes
- chopped fresh parsley
- sliced lime wedges for serving
- Combine the garlic, honey, lime juice, salt and Sriracha dry seasoning in a small bowl. Stir to combine, set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and butter. Once the skillet is hot and the butter melted, add the shrimp. Cook the shrimp in a single layer for 1-2 minutes. Turn the shrimp and add the garlic lime sauce. Cook the shrimp, turning occasionally until done (white all the way through and curled).
- Remove the shrimp to a serving bowl and set aside. Continue simmering the sauce until it thickens and starts to caramelizes and reduces slightly, about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the shrimp. Sprinkle with crushed chili pepper flakes and parsley. Serve over cooked pasta or rice garnished with fresh lime slices.
- Use a non-stick pan so the sauce won't burn easily
- Inspired by a recipe on Eat Well 101
We love our big non-stick skillet for recipes like this – click on the photo for more information:
If you purchase something from Amazon after following my affiliate link, I receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you, which I use to pay for web hosting and services for this blog. Thanks for supporting SRFD!
Looking for a few more delicious, easy shrimp recipes? Don’t miss our super easy and delicious Spicy Shrimp & Fried Corn recipe when fresh corn is abundant. This Chili Garlic Shrimp has a ton of flavor and is perfect served on a hot bed of grits. For another super quick and delicious shrimp dish, try these Pineapple Teriyaki Shrimp Foil Packets from Spend With Pennies. The cleanup is a breeze! Love this Easy Garlic Shrimp Recipe from Amy at She Wears Many Hats. Love this gorgeous Shrimp in Romesco Sauce from The View from Great Island – so much color! And finally, check out this easy Shortcut Shrimp Ramen from Big Bear’s Wife – loaded with flavor and on the table in 30 minutes!
Hope you’re enjoying spring weather now – our fingers are cross we will see some warm days very soon!
Thanks so much for stopping by!