This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Sweet and Sour Meatloaf (sometimes called Dutch Meatloaf) ~ a tangy, juicy meatloaf covered in a sweet and sour sauce made with ketchup, mustard, vinegar and brown sugar.
This is a darn good meatloaf.
Don’t forget to PIN for later!
Sweet and Sour Meatloaf
For the meatloaf:
- 2 pounds ground beef 85-90% lean
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs (I used Progresso Italian Style)
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pepper
For the sauce:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup classic yellow mustard
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Lightly grease a casserole dish large enough to hold the meatloaf and the sauce (about 4 quarts).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the meatloaf. Form into a fairly tight loaf and place in the center of the casserole dish . Place the uncovered meatloaf in the oven while preparing the sauce.
- In the same bowl used to mix the meatloaf, combine all the sauce ingredients. Whisk to combine. Carefully pour the sauce over the top of the meatloaf in the oven. Bake at 350℉ for 1½ hours (do not cover.)
- Allow the meatloaf to rest 15 minutes before serving. Great served with mashed potatoes!
Here are a few more meatloaf recipes you may like:
- 1770 House Meatloaf with Garlic Sauce ~ from The Food Charlatan
- Bourbon Glazed Meatloaf ~ from The View from Great Island
- Barbecue Bacon Jalapeño Meatloaf – from Foodie with Family
- Meatloaf with Balsamic Glaze ~ from Barefeet in the Kitchen
- Turkey Meatloaf ~ from Melanie Makes