This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Creamy Potato Salad – an easy crowd pleaser perfect for BBQ’s and potlucks, and always a family favorite!
This recipe is for anybody that needs a good, solid, perfect-every-time Creamy Potato Salad recipe in your back pocket.
I use large baking potatoes for this recipe and boil them whole.
Sprinkle with a little hot paprika, chill and enjoy.
Thanks for PINNING!
Let’s be cooking friends! When you try our recipe please feel free to leave a comment on this post. I’m sure your experience and insights will help all our readers, and it helps me too. Also, if you’re on Pinterest feel free to leave a comment and photo there if you have one! If you share on INSTAGRAM tag @savingroomfordessert so we can stop by and give your post some love. And we’d be very happy if you’d FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER and subscribe to our YOUTUBE channel for all the latest recipes, videos and updates. Thank you!!!
PRINT THE RECIPE!
Traditional Creamy Potato Salad
- 5 or 6 large baking potatoes, do not peel
- 1 cup diced celery
- ½ cup finely diced onion
- ¼ cup sweet pickle relish or substitute sweet pickles and add 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 ½ cups mayonnaise, or more if needed
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 hard boiled eggs, yolks and egg whites separated
- Paprika for garnish
- Scrub potatoes under clean running water. Leaving potatoes whole with skin on, cover with water in a large pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and boil gently, turning potatoes occasionally, until fork tender. Drain and allow to cool slightly. Remove skin and chop into bite sized pieces.
- Boil eggs and place yolks in a large mixing bowl. Chop eggs whites and set aside. Smash the yolks with a fork and add mayonnaise and mustard. Mix well. Add all other ingredients except potatoes and mix until well blended. Taste to check seasonings. Add potatoes and fold together gently. Sprinkle with paprika and chill overnight. Serve!