This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Roasted turkey, creamy camembert cheese, tart apple slices and hot pepper jelly combine for a wonderful panini
Have you put up your holiday decorations yet? We’re making a good effort today but had to stop and enjoy some of our leftover turkey from Thanksgiving. We had a lovely day with our little family, which is growing by the way. Not because we ate so much turkey and dressing but because both our children are expecting babies in 2016. Our grandson Isaac won’t be the only one anymore, and I feel sure he will enjoy being the head-cousin and ring-leader.
Before you slather mayonnaise on that left-over roll and pile it high with turkey, check out this deliciously different and easy Turkey, Apple & Cheese Panini with Hot Pepper Jelly. Don’t have any hot pepper jelly? Try our simple recipe and have some leftover for holiday gifting! I bet you have some cranberry jelly or sauce sitting around the house. That little bit of sweet (heat) really makes this sandwich something special.
Brie or camembert cheese will do the trick. It’s rich and soft and melts so beautifully and perfect with little slices of tart apple.
We have so much to be thankful for this year!
Thanks for PINNING!
Turkey, Apple & Cheese Panini with Hot Pepper Jelly
- ½ ciabatta loaf, or 4 slices of your favorite panini bread
- 2 ounces good quality camembert cheese or brie cheese
- 4 tablespoons hot pepper jelly, or cranberry jelly
- sliced roasted turkey
- ½ Granny Smith apple, sliced thin
- Slice the ciabatta in half lengthwise. Place slices of cheese on one half of the bread, then layer the apples, turkey and hot pepper jelly on top. Salt and pepper to taste and cover with the remaining bread.
- Preheat a non-stick skillet or panini pan on medium-low. Brush a little oil in the pan and toast the panini until lightly browned on both sides and the cheese is melted. Slice the ciabatta into 3 or 4 slices and serve immediately.
- Try this sandwich with our Easy Hot Pepper Jelly recipe!
I hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! Did you do any black Friday shopping today? I hope you got some great deals. Thanks so much for stopping by. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.