This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Tutti Frutti Ice Cream ~ with a fresh peach base and plenty of fresh cherries, strawberries, and a few chunks of frozen banana, and don’t forget the rum!
For almost 4 years I’ve pestered my siblings about Mom’s Tutti Frutti Ice Cream recipe. Nobody has it and all they remember is … it wasn’t their favorite. Personally I was a chocolate chip kind of girl but still liked Mom’s and Dad’s favorite homemade ice cream – Tutti Frutti. What I do remember was the peach base with little chunks of chopped fruit. I think there were diced candied cherries and crushed pineapple in the mix and my sister said she thought mom added coconut from time to time.
With a fresh peach base and plenty of fresh cherries, strawberries, and a few chunks of frozen banana, and don't forget the rum!
- 2 cups fresh peaches, peeled and diced
- juice of 1 lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups diced fruit (I use peaches, strawberries, cherries and a few pieces of frozen banana)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Combine all the base ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- When ready to make your ice cream, dice the fresh fruit and mix with 1 tablespoon sugar. Set aside. Process the base ice cream in your ice cream maker according to manufacturer instructions. Scoop the finished ice cream into a freezer safe container and add the diced fruit mixture. Stir until incorporated and freeze for several hours or until ready to serve.