This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Tutti Frutti Ice Cream ~ with a fresh peach base and plenty of fresh cherries, strawberries, and a few chunks of frozen banana, and don’t forget the rum!
For almost 4 years I’ve pestered my siblings about Mom’s Tutti Frutti Ice Cream recipe. Nobody has it and all they remember is … it wasn’t their favorite. Personally I was a chocolate chip kind of girl but still liked Mom’s and Dad’s favorite homemade ice cream – Tutti Frutti. What I do remember was the peach base with little chunks of chopped fruit. I think there were diced candied cherries and crushed pineapple in the mix and my sister said she thought mom added coconut from time to time.
Tutti Frutti Ice Cream Recipe
For the ice cream base:
- 2 cups fresh peaches, peeled and diced
- juice of 1 lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
For the fresh fruit:
- 2 cups diced fruit (I use peaches, strawberries, cherries and a few pieces of frozen banana)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Combine all the base ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- When ready to make your ice cream, dice the fresh fruit and mix with 1 tablespoon sugar. Set aside. Process the base ice cream in your ice cream maker according to manufacturer instructions. Scoop the finished ice cream into a freezer safe container and add the diced fruit mixture. Stir until incorporated and freeze for several hours or until ready to serve.